2014 Kit

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: 2014 Kit

Post by josie andrews »

si_bax wrote:"Meanwhile, Wigan Warriors are set to announce a new Main Shirt Partner in the next couple of weeks along with the new 2014 home shirt design which is expected to be available to purchase at the start of December"

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... 847&type=1
Fixed your link :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
si_bax

Post by si_bax »

good work!
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Replica shirts have now become more and more a expensive advertising item for which supporters are paying a rip off price.

Surely, with all the advertisements on the shirts and now the shorts, the prices should be reduced.

No wonder, many are now seen in older shirts or other items of clothing which are of a club's colours.

I recently obtain a polo shirt which looks more like a Wigan Rugby Shirt than many of the designs which are produced these days.
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

Whelley Warrior wrote:Replica shirts have now become more and more a expensive advertising item for which supporters are paying a rip off price.

Surely, with all the advertisements on the shirts and now the shorts, the prices should be reduced.

No wonder, many are now seen in older shirts or other items of clothing which are of a club's colours.

I recently obtain a polo shirt which looks more like a Wigan Rugby Shirt than many of the designs which are produced these days.
I don't mind really paying for the shirt, i get plenty of use out of it over the season plus it makes me happy seeing it nice and clean waiting for match day:lol:
Aluaka

Post by Aluaka »

They are expensive, but the ISC ones are well made and good quality.

Bradford have a membership package including replica shirt with season ticket - which seems a good idea. I know Wigan offer a discount, but to have one included in the cost seems better to me.

I am expecting purple in the away shirts again judging by the colour schemes in the new training wear in the online club shop.

I agree with the point about sponsorship - but it seems to have an adverse effect by increasing the cost to make the shirts / print the transfers!

I just hope the 2014 design isn't too drastically contemporary in design (I like the 2013 shirt!)
WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER

Post by WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER »

you can't really call them replica shirts anymore as they are not replicas in a way they don't have the w.a.r.r.i.o.r on them which they should really.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

A possible hint. IL was wearing a tie at the recent end of season awards that differed from the usual club tie. Then again it may just have been an everyday tie.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Is PURPLE IL's favorite colour?

Last seasons away shirt, this seasons fan gear & ?? 2014 Home shirt ??
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

Tbh I don't really like the purple , IMO ISC are not as good quality as the Kooga gear was , the overall fit of Kooga was more tailored compared to the baggy oversized look of the current ISC wear , which IMHO is overpriced too

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

wiggydoran wrote:i would not mind it looking like the England RU top:

http://media.alexandalexa.com/media/cat ... 3aag_1.jpg

Is it suppose to be an expermental kit this year...like the 2011 kit? [/img]
A bit like the warrington hoop style top.