Warriors confirm main sponsor

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Warriors confirm main sponsor

Post by cpwigan »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:I would like to know how wire despite no success this year can bag such an amazing sponsor and we again seem to be rummaging round the bargain bin of wigan firms despite winning everything and being the most famous rugby team in the uk

Any sponsor is a good sponsor but I really think wigan should be aiming far far higher than this.

Even stains who have been in meltdown have typhoo which while not a glamour name at least I know who they are without having to read an article

If all other teams were struggling I would understand but it doesn't seem to be the case
We don not even know what the deal is so how can we pass judgement? It may be a great deal, it may be a bad deal.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Very disappointed that yet again, we have not got a well known brand on the front of the shirt.

Even Mecca Bingo was better!

Richymac

Post by Richymac »

Isn't the point of a company being a shirt sponsor to raise their profile as a business which is probably why they are less well known
Garry Riley

Post by Garry Riley »

Don't care who's on the shirt sponsor wise. So long as the kit is a decent design, and success on the pitch continues. Happy days.
Sound & Vision - TV Audio Video - Sales - Service
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

What would our main sponsor achieve from this? it's not like it's a product you can easily buy is it.

At least money is coming in, personally a strange choice for both parties.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Richymac wrote:Isn't the point of a company being a shirt sponsor to raise their profile as a business which is probably why they are less well known
In a word. No.

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ancientnloyal wrote:What would our main sponsor achieve from this? it's not like it's a product you can easily buy is it.
I really hope you are being sarcastic.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Maybe I am missing your POVs but I really cannot see a problem with HfH.
The initial one-year agreement has been struck due to the strong community values that both organisations share. The focus of the partnership will be firmly on how the two organisations and their respective charitable foundations will collaborate on a wide range of innovative community projects.

Houses for Homes is a national company which is based in Wigan and has grown steadily since its formation in 2002. The company supplies social and extra care housing stock and accommodation to people across the country through registered housing providers, turning houses into homes and estates into thriving communities.

The philosophy behind Houses for Homes has always been one of affordability and sustainability; supplying social housing for the community to a high standard of quality. The company works in partnership with all of its stakeholders; development partners, housing providers, local authorities and care providers to achieve this.

Double winners Wigan Warriors also hold strong community beliefs, not only in developing Rugby League throughout the region but also using their world-famous brand to make a positive difference to the lives of hundreds of thousands of people and fans nationally every year.

Speaking about the agreement, Wigan Warriors Commercial Director Geoff Warburton said;

“We are delighted to announce Houses for Homes as our new Main Club Partners for 2014. HfH is a fantastic company which provides ordinary people with opportunities for better housing and in doing so it shares a unique synergy with our own beliefs. There is no doubt this partnership is a completely different proposition to the traditional sports sponsorship models that are out there and it will make a difference to communities throughout the country.”

Ann Fairhurst, Director of Houses for Homes added;

“Our CEO Phil Shanks and I have always been impressed with the club’s work and commitment to communities both in Wigan and further afield. Becoming Wigan Warriors’ Main Club Partner will hopefully continue many years into the future as one of the cornerstones of the Houses for Homes Foundation project which will see us reinvest our partnership assets to support local communities and charitable initiatives across the country.”
Provided the deal is decent financially then I would much rather have HfH than say a financial institution etc etc. are some our fans a tad obsessed by 'names' and being a tad snobbish?
AlanF

Post by AlanF »

I don't think it's a case of fans being snobbish, I think a club like Wigan should have a sponsor that makes people sit up and notice and has a bit of a wow factor. A big name sponsor that will attract other big businesses to the club. But as you have stated we first need to know the financial package before we pass judgement. I suspect though it won't be a mega bucks deal.
I was going to buy a book called "The Power of Positive Thinking", and then I thought: What good would that do?
michael inch stoke

Post by michael inch stoke »

AlanF wrote:I don't think it's a case of fans being snobbish, I think a club like Wigan should have a sponsor that makes people sit up and notice and has a bit of a wow factor. A big name sponsor that will attract other big businesses to the club. But as you have stated we first need to know the financial package before we pass judgement. I suspect though it won't be a mega bucks deal.
Couldnt agree more :eusa2: