2014 Kit

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Owd Codger

Re: 2014 Kit

Post by Owd Codger »

AdamMac wrote:Really like them both, think the designers have done a great job. Slightly prefer the away one only because I think the sponsor/logo looks better on the darker top.

Out of interest, how many people bought the home top last season AND the season before? Reason I ask is that I bought the 2012 top but the 2013 top was so similar I decided its wasn't worth shelling out £40 for it so kept with the old one.

Now I love the traditional cherry and white hoops but there is only so much you can do with them and if the club want to make some money selling tops then they need to change every now and again. Correct me if im wrong but I think the last 'non tradtional' top was our best seller in recent times (pink one). I will now, more than likely buy the tradional cherry and white hooped home shirt of 2015.

Wouldn't surprise me if most of the people knocking the new kits haven't bought one since the Norweb 1989 top :D
In my case, on a regular basis, but enough is enough, especially when money no longer goes as far as it used to do.

And what do you mean by 'every now and again' when they are changed everywhere and as a result running out of sensible designs.
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
AdamMac wrote:Really like them both, think the designers have done a great job. Slightly prefer the away one only because I think the sponsor/logo looks better on the darker top.

Out of interest, how many people bought the home top last season AND the season before? Reason I ask is that I bought the 2012 top but the 2013 top was so similar I decided its wasn't worth shelling out £40 for it so kept with the old one.

Now I love the traditional cherry and white hoops but there is only so much you can do with them and if the club want to make some money selling tops then they need to change every now and again. Correct me if im wrong but I think the last 'non tradtional' top was our best seller in recent times (pink one). I will now, more than likely buy the tradional cherry and white hooped home shirt of 2015.

Wouldn't surprise me if most of the people knocking the new kits haven't bought one since the Norweb 1989 top :D
In my case, on a regular basis, but enough is enough, especially when money no longer goes as far as it used to do.

And what do you mean by 'every now and again' when they are changed everywhere and as a result running out of sensible designs.
By 'every now and again' I mean every 3 years.In reference to the traditional/Not traditional kits

Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

I'd get the home shirt if you could have it without the sponsors logo think it spoils it.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The experiment looks far better IMO than some of the 'experiments' offered mid to late 90's IMO.

They even have it in Meds size :o
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Why is it so hard for some fans to understand that every three years Wigan will have an experimental kit that deviates away from the cherry and white hoops? It's been stated by IL and the club often enough.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

our colours are Cherry & White nuff said
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

AndyNick

Post by AndyNick »

Whatever they did there would be people having a moan. If it was a traditional hooped design then everyone would be complaining that it was too similar to the last 2 years shirts.

I like it. Its something a bit different but it still has the feel of a Wigan shirt, unlike the "Run in the wash" one of 3 years ago. The only slight thing for me is the Sponsor logo is a bit in your face. Take the Blue background off it and it would be better.
markill

Post by markill »

cpwigan wrote:The experiment looks far better IMO than some of the 'experiments' offered mid to late 90's IMO.

They even have it in Meds size :o
I agree. Its better than the mid 90s kits up to and including the '98 GF one.

Not sure if I'll buy either, more likely the home one, but I like the look of both.

What does the back of the home one look like? All white? Like the front? If its all white, that might chnage my opinon slightly as it'll be too white then.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Its all white.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

might knock next door and ask Thornley to give me his away one cos i wouldn't pay for any of them !
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing