Stephen Wild ?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mrs_carney

Re: Stephen Wild ?

Post by mrs_carney »

adrenalinxx posted:
David Hodgson was completely useless in his last season at Wigan but he looks alot better nows he's at Salford

Alot depends on how you use a player within a team Hodgeson just support Robinson at Salford but he makes Hodgy look good.

At Saints Long only looks good because Cunningham makes the space for him in the middle of the pitch.

This applys to a lot of players in Rugby League and I think Wildy is one.
Maybe becuase he needed a season to recover and is only playing in an average team now.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
aspy

Post by aspy »

dont know if this as been done but anyway look at the link
http://sport.independent.co.uk/rugby_le ... 298760.ece
:roll:
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Wizard_Millward posted:
As much as i hate Longy, it is pointless denying he is a class player.
As we've all seen from his (not so) wonderful performances for GB...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

Fraggle posted:
Wizard_Millward posted:
If we were Australia your point would have some meaning, but seeing as we are a SL club it doesnt does it, Long has ripped us and practically every other SL team to bits on plenty of occasions, and in World Cub matches he has played superb. Some players may not quite make it at international level, but they are still great players at club level, so I dont really see how you can compare the two.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

ChrisA posted:
Fraggle posted:
Wizard_Millward posted:
If we were Australia your point would have some meaning, but seeing as we are a SL club it doesnt does it, Long has ripped us and practically every other SL team to bits on plenty of occasions, and in World Cub matches he has played superb. Some players may not quite make it at international level, but they are still great players at club level, so I dont really see how you can compare the two.
My point, perhaps not blantently stated, was that Long seems to play well at St Helens, but stick him in a different team and he may not be so good. Someone made the point that Hodgson was rubbish at Wigan last year and has seemingly played well at Salford this year. Same player, different teams, different result. Would Long be quite so good playing for Leeds, for example, or even back at Wigan? The fact that he struggles to gel with other players when playing for GB suggests there's no certainty of him still playing well in a different team.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Fraggle posted:
My point, perhaps not blantently stated, was that Long seems to play well at St Helens, but stick him in a different team and he may not be so good. Someone made the point that Hodgson was rubbish at Wigan last year and has seemingly played well at Salford this year. Same player, different teams, different result. Would Long be quite so good playing for Leeds, for example, or even back at Wigan? The fact that he struggles to gel with other players when playing for GB suggests there's no certainty of him still playing well in a different team.
The same could be said to apply to both Moran and Orr, both of whom played well for their respective clubs before failing to shine (so far, perhaps) at Wigan. One thing about Millward, he does seem to be able to build teams, as opposed to a collection of good individual players.