Clarkey Tips Salford

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cpwigan

Clarkey Tips Salford

Post by cpwigan »

For a GF WIN!, usurping even the bold CPW
http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/ ... 31,00.html
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Clarkey Tips Salford

Post by Mike »

I'd go for a few big wins against the smaller clubs, a few big losses against the bigger clubs and a mid-season implosion with several players leaving.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Alreetas

Post by Alreetas »

I canont see it myself, I think they will pick up a few surprising wins, maybe scrape the playoffs and then out in first round..
Too many new faces being thrown together and no doubt Rangi will try and make it the Rangi show..
To understand the man you must first understand his demons
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

cpwigan wrote:For a GF WIN!, usurping even the bold CPW
http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/ ... 31,00.html
He's obviously using his swingometer to back up his predictions. As we all know, it is never wrong! :lol:
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Too many new faces which will take time to knit together is why I dont think they will go all the way this coming season. I do think that they will have one of the best player pairings in Tim Smith and Gareth Hock who are well suited to each others playing styles.
Others will no doubt knock them for other reasons but I say, baring injury or stupidity they will be a very effective pairing.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Despite being positive I played it safe by saying they will reach a final because the CC can be kind draw wise for exmple. Winning something esp SL with no kind draws is a huge call.
Mr Stu

Post by Mr Stu »

Salford will get in the Playoffs but to say that they will win it is going to far imo. I see a top 6 finish and a good cup run looks more likely.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Mike wrote:I'd go for a few big wins against the smaller clubs, a few big losses against the bigger clubs and a mid-season implosion with several players leaving.
This is how I see it going. It depends on how long the Dr can put up with RFL who will no doubt make his life hell with all that damn common sense he keeps spouting!.

I can see them beating the lower teams impressively but coming unstuck against the more structured/fitter teams like us, wire and leeds.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Aaron C. Rescue

Post by Aaron C. Rescue »

Cant see them winning it, not with Noble in charge.
"Are you a jew by any chance ?", "No, a tree fell on me"

'I was certain, positive, convinced, and yet...unsure'

'It's only rock 'n' roll, but I like it'
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Aaron C. Rescue wrote:Cant see them winning it, not with Noble in charge.
I know Noble has limitations, particularly IMO his reliance on the individual brilliance of individual players to construct his attacking game BUT he has started to build a team with that trait at Salford as he did at the Bulls and it worked ok there.

Players like Smith/Chase/Hock & Gleeson can create & score tries down to their solo attacking talent. For me the question is can Noble get his team conditioned tight and to defend as a team. If he can then Salford will be there or thereabouts IMO.

If Noble had to develop youngsters to create a winning team then IMO he would invariably fail. Likewise, if he had to create points through team plays rather than individual brilliance he would invariably fail.

I agree re Clarkey. His call is monumental and suggests something strong in his tea. I can actually see Salford developing into a Wire whereby they destroy teams at various points in the season but it can go pear shaped on the big occasion.