Warm up game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jolleymike

Re: Warm up game

Post by jolleymike »

josie andrews wrote:
jolleymike wrote:
josie andrews wrote: The warm up game was originally PNG which I wasn't bothered about

And in answer to your question NO :exc:

We got great deals on superior flights & hotel accomodation for far less than others are now paying & a lot are going for a shorter period :exc:
Hope you've got deep pockets Josie, I'm over in singapore working this week, it averages over £4:50 for a pint of lager, on the upside the food and the place is fantastic, the people are very warm and welcoming, hope you have a great time, I was hoping this job was delayed for a few week so that I could have combined it with a trip to Australia for the WCC
Thank you you for the advice Mike, it's a trip of a lifetime for me as my health will only deteriorate. So while I'm still okay, of sorts, I plan to enjoy the experience as much as I can :) :eusa3:

Ps I don't drink lager, but Stephen usually starts drinking it a few weeks before we go anywhere abroad where bitter isn't the main, or the best, drink, just to get use to it :)
Sorry forget my last message I've just signed for three pints of tiger beer and it cost 60 singapore dollars that £30 so ten pound a pint lol, ah we'll never mind, I hope you both have a great time just don't buy any beer in the pan pacific hotel by the marina district
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Thanks Mike advice noted, can't see you or us getting drunk at those prices :lol:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
MT Smart

Post by MT Smart »

Taking my Wigan Colours to the game ( a modest collection of Wigan colors represented by an old Scarf ).....

Sober Driver Locked in. Rugby League in February is a real treat for us down here and the Super league Champions putting on an exhibition is a real honor.

I should have taken time out to learn a Chant. next time.
bonnieboy

Post by bonnieboy »

Wigan won the friendly game 46-22,Joe Burgess scored four tries.
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

Only caught the last half hour, but Sam Powell looked to be running the show.
We kept NZ scoreless second half.
Great length of the field try from Manfredi.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

I watched it all.

Sam Powell had his best game in a wigan shirt at stand off, really shone all game.

Plenty of positives to be taken from this game and also thing to work on.

Hampshire, Powell & Williams at 1,6,7 in the second half looked great! futures bright thats for sure.
bonnieboy

Post by bonnieboy »

What kind of team did the other team turn out.
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

A strong pack but in experienced backs. 7 NRL regulars
MT Smart

Post by MT Smart »

bonnieboy wrote:What kind of team did the other team turn out.
It's an interesting Question and I don't want to give Wigan Fans the wrong idea.

You could call it a B team or even C team. But that wouldn't give a true picture of the value of the hit out.

The New Zealand Warriors ( NZW ) used the trial as an opportunity to get their top forward pack ready for the NRL. So the Forwards clash was our A + team.

Then they selected a back line that had not one first team player in it....ok no biggie if it is populated by reserves....it wasn't even that good...there were two reserve grade level players then a bunch of lads no one has ever heard of....akin to your guys playing the Rochdale Hornets back line (no exageration....semi amateur club guys from as far a field as Wellington ).

My impression of the game was this.

It was an excellent hit out for Wigan. It ebbed and Flowed and rugby league is won in the Forwards. That battle ended even.

Wigan shocked our top pack in the opening with those two fast Tries.

The NZ NRL Forwards pretty much got angry and dominated the Wigan Pack through the secound quarter (no shame for Wigan when the NZ forwards are agro they will out play any team in the NRL up front ).

But here's where Wigan will put in a good showing against the Roosters.....they looked Jet Lagged and a long way from home when the NZ boys started steam rolling them , but they never gave in.

Over an eighty minute contest, the Wigan Team woerked out the make shift NZ Left edge had no idea of what it was doing....the thing I will never forget about seeing Wigan in the flesh.....is the way....once they knew they had found a weakness....they went mercilessly an didn't stop playing what was working for them.

Mighty.
bonnieboy

Post by bonnieboy »

Thanks for the replies.