Dallas off too.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Welski

Dallas off too.

Post by Welski »

Not been on for a while but appears both wings are now being clipped.

Daily Express "Dallas looking to head down south"

Looks set to join Shaun McRae at South Sydney.
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
Fraggle

Re: Dallas off too.

Post by Fraggle »

Welski posted:
Not been on for a while but appears both wings are now being clipped.

Daily Express "Dallas looking to head down south"

Looks set to join Shaun McRae at South Sydney.
Any chance of typing the rest of the article here? I don't normally give any credence to single source stories like this, there's nothing to be found elsewhere to back this up. What's the betting this "news" comes from Shaun McRae rather than Dallas? Remember, Brett had the chance to go last season and decided to stay for 2 more years, what's changed in 12 months except that's he's had a superb season (compared to most of his teammates)?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Welski

Post by Welski »

Hi Fraggle,

I've been searching for further info but without any luck.
The story is accompanied by a large (for coverage of RL down here) picture of BD and the headline.

Here it is in full judge for yourselves...

"Wigan are set to lose their second international winger to Australia with South Sydney reportedly close to a deal to take Brett Dallas back to NRL. The Warriors GB ace Brian Carney will join Newcastle Knights next year and the possible exit of Dallas would leave coach Ian Millward with an urgent task to strenghten his backline. Souths coached by ex- Hull boss Shaun MacRae are also on the trail of Leeds Rhinos out of contract Australian forward Chris McKenna after beating Wakefield to the signature of Penrith prop Joe Galuvao."

Reading it again it does seem a little 'vague'.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Welski posted:
Hi Fraggle,

I've been searching for further info but without any luck.
The story is accompanied by a large (for coverage of RL down here) picture of BD and the headline.

Here it is in full judge for yourselves...

"Wigan are set to lose their second international winger to Australia with South Sydney reportedly close to a deal to take Brett Dallas back to NRL. The Warriors GB ace Brian Carney will join Newcastle Knights next year and the possible exit of Dallas would leave coach Ian Millward with an urgent task to strenghten his backline. Souths coached by ex- Hull boss Shaun MacRae are also on the trail of Leeds Rhinos out of contract Australian forward Chris McKenna after beating Wakefield to the signature of Penrith prop Joe Galuvao."

Reading it again it does seem a little 'vague'.
Thanks Welski. The Express don't bother with a proper on-line edition and I couldn't find anything else on the web either. Noticable that this wasn't mentioned in the Daily Star, which is also Express Newspapers. Makes me wonder if it's not just rumour-mongering by a writer who's not got enough real news to print?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
warriors

Post by warriors »

I hope that he dosent go. He is a good player an we need him. Who will go in his place if he does go? Or who will we sign to cover his place?
Welski

Post by Welski »

Fraggle posted:
[ Makes me wonder if it's not just rumour-mongering by a writer who's not got enough real news to print?
No worries

Indeed it wouldn't be the first time that has happened!

Would be a first if one of the papers down here got a scoop on a RL story!

Welski

Post by Welski »

warriors posted:
I hope that he dosent go. He is a good player an we need him. Who will go in his place if he does go? Or who will we sign to cover his place?
I agree despite 'getting on abit' I think it would be good for the fans and the player to see him in a team worthy of the Wigan heritage. Assuming IM gets the recruitment right next year he might have the priviledge of working with some centres of real class.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

I hope he doesnt go next season. When his contract's up fair enough, but wigan shouldnt let him walk out on it. Dallas loves it at wigan and was going to retire after his current contract expires, so this is probably just a stupid rumour.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Even if there is no truth to this story, the club has to put a stop to all this contract nonsense. We let Farrell and Carney go and we would have let Radlinski go. Given this, can any player at Wigan be blamed for looking around for deals at other clubs, secure in the knowledge that the contract system is totaly weighted in their favour?
BIG AL

Post by BIG AL »

i read the report this morning as well hope it is just a rumer dallas is definatly my player of the year he is also out for friday according to GMR he will be missed :(