Wigan boss Shaun Wane left fuming after Warrington Wolves help out the Sydney Roosters

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Nezza Faz

Re: Wigan boss Shaun Wane left fuming after Warrington Wolves help out...

Post by Nezza Faz »

In any case, with Sam no longer in the reckoning, there's no knowing how we'll play tactically in any line-up, both in attack and defensively.

With Sam, we had that method of play, that all coaches understood our patterns (but couldn't always stop, though!) however for the first time without him, what use can Wolves possibly have offered, with all the other comings and goings within our squad.

For Heavens sake, we don't know how we'll line up tactically, until we get our first glimpse against the Giants. Only all of our coaches would know this.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

markill wrote:I don't think its a massive deal really. Roosters will have been doing plenty of homework anyway and Robinson played against us only a year before so I don't know what Wire would add that chnages anything. No impact on the result at all, we should just worry about ourselves.
It might not be from the point of view of the game but it says a lot about Smith he was willing to do it.

I am sure the publicity is partly for publicity's sake as well but even so, it makes Smith and Wire look like childish schoolboys who are sulking.
markill

Post by markill »

DaveO wrote:
markill wrote:I don't think its a massive deal really. Roosters will have been doing plenty of homework anyway and Robinson played against us only a year before so I don't know what Wire would add that chnages anything. No impact on the result at all, we should just worry about ourselves.
It might not be from the point of view of the game but it says a lot about Smith he was willing to do it.

I am sure the publicity is partly for publicity's sake as well but even so, it makes Smith and Wire look like childish schoolboys who are sulking.
We will try and get the same sort of insight and assistance from the warriors in a weeks time. It doesn't say that much about anything. I think this is one occasion where people have overreacted to a news story. I doubt Wane is 'furious', I'm sure he'll speak to any contacts he has just as Roosters have done.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Warrington helping the Roosters?

More like the other way!
BriH

Post by BriH »

cpwigan wrote:It is an incredibly poor state of affairs for a British Club and a British Citizen Coach to behave in such a manner.
Sleeping with the enemy comes mind. Traitors all.
devon jim 1

Post by devon jim 1 »

I am surprised with Smith but I agree with Markill. Our game with Wire will have even more spice than usual. Come on the Warriors stuff the Aussies and the wire literally and metaphorically P.S I luv it Josie when you talk dirty :lol:
Wire Yed

Post by Wire Yed »

Firstly we were always going to the Roosters to train, it's what we do now, we go to Australia in the off season.
Secondly they asked us for help because we play you more than they do, we were already training with them so we did.
Thirdly some short memories, Wire have a better record over Wigan than any other club in the world in your entire history (you can look that up).

Lastly not that it matters as it will never be in the history books, we were comfortable in the final, we had the game under control, we lost Monaghan to a nasty injury, you scored next set. We then lost Ratchford which removed our attacking options and meant forwards had to play the full match.
Add to that Myler was playing on a broken ankle, Carvell played with broken ribs, Morley played with a fractured skull and both Westwood and Grix played with head injuries. I'm not bitter, it's done and dusted and like I say it won't matter in the history books BUT don't kid yourselves we are more than a match for Wigan, if your blatant arrogance clouds your actual rugby judgement then this post is futile but those in the know and ESPECIALLY Shaun Wane know how good Wire are and that is probably a main reason he is miffed, he knows we have a game to beat Wigan, he should do he's experienced it more than once.
I'm sure Roosters had a dvd player though, I'm sure Wigan are speaking to clubs in Australia for tips.

In short though, it's a nothing story, it's been designed to stir things up, this thread sums it up, "Wire are scum"? I'm no fan of Wigan RD but I have many friends who both live or support Wigan as I have Widnes and Saints, we are all decent in the majority and like anyone have a small group of muppets, the fact we are going to back to what was generally seen as the bad days of idiot fans not just at Warrington must say something.
I've seen incidents at every ground by every different fan, either we all scum everyone one of us or we all have a small group of idiots.

My best friend is a Wigan fan, we give dogs abuse to each other about our teams but the line between banter and idiocy is clear between us, unfortunately for some it isn't.
Aaron C. Rescue

Post by Aaron C. Rescue »

Wire Yed wrote:Firstly we were always going to the Roosters to train, it's what we do now, we go to Australia in the off season.
Secondly they asked us for help because we play you more than they do, we were already training with them so we did.
Thirdly some short memories, Wire have a better record over Wigan than any other club in the world in your entire history (you can look that up).

Lastly not that it matters as it will never be in the history books, we were comfortable in the final, we had the game under control, we lost Monaghan to a nasty injury, you scored next set. We then lost Ratchford which removed our attacking options and meant forwards had to play the full match.
Add to that Myler was playing on a broken ankle, Carvell played with broken ribs, Morley played with a fractured skull and both Westwood and Grix played with head injuries. I'm not bitter, it's done and dusted and like I say it won't matter in the history books BUT don't kid yourselves we are more than a match for Wigan, if your blatant arrogance clouds your actual rugby judgement then this post is futile but those in the know and ESPECIALLY Shaun Wane know how good Wire are and that is probably a main reason he is miffed, he knows we have a game to beat Wigan, he should do he's experienced it more than once.
I'm sure Roosters had a dvd player though, I'm sure Wigan are speaking to clubs in Australia for tips.

In short though, it's a nothing story, it's been designed to stir things up, this thread sums it up, "Wire are scum"? I'm no fan of Wigan RD but I have many friends who both live or support Wigan as I have Widnes and Saints, we are all decent in the majority and like anyone have a small group of muppets, the fact we are going to back to what was generally seen as the bad days of idiot fans not just at Warrington must say something.
I've seen incidents at every ground by every different fan, either we all scum everyone one of us or we all have a small group of idiots.

My best friend is a Wigan fan, we give dogs abuse to each other about our teams but the line between banter and idiocy is clear between us, unfortunately for some it isn't.

Not bitter, are you sure about that ?
"Are you a jew by any chance ?", "No, a tree fell on me"

'I was certain, positive, convinced, and yet...unsure'

'It's only rock 'n' roll, but I like it'
AndyNick

Post by AndyNick »

You're right that our recent record against Warrington isn't great.

I think we've only beaten them twice in 10 games (please correct if i'm wrong)but the 2 that we have won were the ones that really mattered, Last seasons Grand Final and the 2011 Challenge Cup quarter final.

So yes, Wire have got a team to beat Wigan, but not when it matters.

As for playing like Wigan to help the Roosters, I don't think it's all that big a deal really. Lacking in class, Yeah but that's not exactly news. It's not going to have had any benefit at all for Wire, and if they hadn't have got Wire to do it, they'd have only got their U20s to do it instead. You're not telling me that Shaun Wane hasn't been on the phone to Madge to hear all about the Roosters.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Westwood probably got the injury trying to smash someone off the ball, maybe Green eh