Charnley on Injury

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Charnley on Injury

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Winger Josh Charnley was one of three Warriors players at Monday's Super League Launch in Manchester and we caught up with him to find out the latest on his injury which has meant he has missed the pre-season action, Josh told us how the injury happened,

"I slipped on my first day back at training and got a hernia but I have been well looked after by the medical staff. I had an operation and I have recovered quite quick

"I am getting better, I haven't really been out on the pitch with the boys yet, I'm not sure how my passing skills are going to be but I can't wait to get back out there with the boys."

With a huge date in Sydney to come later in the month, Josh is looking be 100% fit and ready to face the Roosters,

"I want to play in the World Club, if I get a run out this week I will be impressed but I should be OK for the New Zealand game. It might be tough for me to get back in the way the wingers have been playing, there is plenty of competition and everyone is fighting for a spot."

And on possibly missing Friday, he added,

"It is disappointing to miss the start of the season, a big game against Huddersfield. I was impressed with the performance last Friday at St Helens. It is an exciting year, we have lost quite a few players but I think we have recruited well and we look good. "

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent. ... og6q6Bt.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kaii

Re: Charnley on Injury

Post by Kaii »

With Sam gone this will be his biggest season yet as far as exposure and recognition goes and it wouldn't surprise me if at the end of the season he is the man of steel