millward talking down wigan chances

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
superleague

millward talking down wigan chances

Post by superleague »

on the superleague site millward has told them that he does not seen an upset in the form book and he thinks we will lose. this as really annoyed me as hes got to remember that hes not there coach anymore and to stop buming them he shud be showing lots of faith in the team. I dont call this motivation, how r the players ment to believe in themselves if the coach thinks there going to lose.
DaveO

Re: millward talking down wiga...

Post by DaveO »

superleague posted:
on the superleague site millward has told them that he does not seen an upset in the form book and he thinks we will lose. this as really annoyed me as hes got to remember that hes not there coach anymore and to stop buming them he shud be showing lots of faith in the team. I dont call this motivation, how r the players ment to believe in themselves if the coach thinks there going to lose.
It is a fair point. You could call it phsycology or mind games. What he says in public might not be the same as what he says to the players.

I hope so.

We will soon see. If they don't even try then clearly he will have told them not to bother.

That isn't beyond the realms of possibility as Millward a very much into playing the percentages. He may well have written this off and is saving the players for next week.

If so, I can't say I approve.

Dave
robjoenz

Re: millward talking down wiga...

Post by robjoenz »

It's all mind games!
superleague

Re: millward talking down ...

Post by superleague »

i hope he hasnt told them to not bother wiv this match as i've payed good money and i'm expecting a good match not a battering
wiganwayne

Post by wiganwayne »

in my opinion it is just "mind games" millward is trying to put as much pressure on the saints as possible.
superleague

Post by superleague »

well i hope its mind games because if its not i wont be very pleased
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

superleague posted:
well i hope its mind games because if its not i wont be very pleased
Maybe hes been realistic. We got done big style last time and does not want to get the players in a situation where all the hard work of the last 2 games goes out of the window by raising our excpectations tonight.

What he tells us will be different to what he tells them.

Yes its a different game but i excpect them to win easily. Hes not risking any injuries as if we win the next three after this we could get in a position to push for top 6.