Warriors Unveil WCC Shirt Design

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Warriors Unveil WCC Shirt Design

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors are delighted to unveil a special shirt that will be worn for the game against Sydney Roosters at the Allianz Stadium in the 2014 World Club Challenge on Saturday 22nd February.

The shirt is a traditional Cherry and White design with irregular hoops and features three gold stars on the left sleeve to represent the three World Club Championship triumphs in 1987, 1991 and 1994. The World Club Challenge logo is featured on the right sleeve and the design also features the distinctive match details on the front of the shirt in black lettering.

The shirt is designed and produced by Apparel Partners ISC and features our Club Sponsors of Houses for Homes, Power Horse Energy Drink, Ainscough Crane Hire, Magners, Calliper Engineering, Light Distribution and Brockwells Forestry.

The unique design is based on the very popular and successful traditional home shirt of the 1980's which is recognised Worldwide as the colours of Wigan Warriors. The shirt will be complemented with white shorts and white socks with a red turnover.

Speaking about the World Club Shirt, Sales Director, Geoff Warburton said;

"We are pleased to unveil this special shirt to mark the achievement of the Super League Champions representing the English game in the 2014 World Club Challenge. Our 2014 home shirt follows the Club's aim to vary the traditional shirt design every three years, but we felt it was hugely important that the Wigan brand was best represented down under with a more traditional shirt design that is immediately recognisable. We are thrilled with how the shirt looks and hope it will prove very popular."

The new shirt will be available in adult sizes only and can be pre-purchased online click here and in store at Warriors World in the Grand Arcade for £47. Only a limited number of these shirts will be produced and fans are advised to order in advance to avoid disappointment.

Please note only the shirts will be available to purchase and not the shorts and socks.

Due to the extensive design and manufacturing process involved in production the Club are expecting the delivery of the World Club Shirt at Warriors World early in March. The shirt will provide Wigan fans with a unique souvenir of a very special game in the Club's history as the Warriors face NRL Champions the Sydney Roosters for the right to be crowned 2014 World Club Champions

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... &type=news
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Warriors Unveil WCC Shirt Design

Post by josie andrews »

Just pre ordered it online :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

Why couldn't that be our home kit, i think i'm in love :blush:
Garry Riley

Post by Garry Riley »

Love that design. Far better than the current Superleague shirt.
Sound & Vision - TV Audio Video - Sales - Service
cpwigan

WCC Shirt

Post by cpwigan »

cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

That's more like it.
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

Think if they could have got it out sooner , for the game would have been better seems like and after thought to me. Still like the look of the shirt though
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

ordered mine, think i will use my 2014 season shirt to train in and wear this one for the games :lol:
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
markill

Post by markill »

That makes my decision not to buy a shirt for this year even better as now I can justify the spend on this one. Classic shirt, appeases those who hate the league one (I don't hate it, just don't like it enough to shell out on it)
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Now i don't have to buy the saints kit we are wearing.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆