Sam Tomkins debut.

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
southern warrrior

Sam Tomkins debut.

Post by southern warrrior »

well for a few weeks sam has been the poster boy for the nines tournament.
sat down early today looking forward to watching this nines tournament and i haven't been disappointed. what a great few hours of games.
lots and lots of talk about Sam talking him up which im sure he would of hated, but!!! he was superb, combining with shaun johnson fabulously. warriors favourites from the off didnt disappoint.
Looking forward to our WCC next week but i am unable to fly down from QLD to see it.
Kaii

Re: Sam Tomkins debut.

Post by Kaii »

We'll probably see better on their next game in a bit, Canberra weren't really posing any threat.
southern warrrior

A bit shaky first half against manly but he's into it now. just needed a bit of confidence.
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

He's fitting in well but to be honest NZW are only one of a few teams that are actually taking this seriously. Was expecting a bit more quality overall, been entertaining but nothing great
southern warrrior

I've enjoyed the whole days games. Fittlers try was good. Eels are taking it seriously. cowboys are much better 2nd time out.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Kaii wrote:He's fitting in well but to be honest NZW are only one of a few teams that are actually taking this seriously. Was expecting a bit more quality overall, been entertaining but nothing great

how do you know, are you there?
southern warrrior

well i was watching it on tv..
MT Smart

Post by MT Smart »

Sam Tomkins Walked out onto Eden Park to Warm up with the NZWariors and the place went nuts....

What a day.

Every team as they came out to warm up were met with massive roar from the NZ fans who have been starved of world class Rugby League games.

The players Like Gallen and Thaiday....Menzies and Fittler were stunned at the reception they got from the Crowd.

But it was Sam Tomkins who was Met with a crowd going Beserk the moment he walked out in a Warriors shirt.

In the Games he didn't disappoint....the way he and Johnson took Canberra then Manly apart drew comparisons with a young Duo of Thurston and Bowen.

Johnson and Tomkins Just clicked from the outset.

They will rip the NRL apart.

Sam stepped two canberra defenders then looked across the park, spotted Johnson forty meters away and laid a ball on him that put Johnson in a position reminiscent of the world cup final seconds V England.

Johnson stepped two defenders WOW those two are a dream pairing.

Un believable they will pair up for three years....Tomkins Vision and class just Gells with the NZ teams electric lightening fast backs.

I might sound a bit OTT but by the tine tomkins left three Manly defenders clutching at Shadows....Johnson loomed up in his inside and Sam popped him annother simple ball and it was a window into the future and confirmation they will Leave Slater and Cronk.....Inglis and Sutton for dead.

The Warriors lead the competition after day one with many of their fast Juniors scoring when Johnson and Tomkins were just there as possible threats.

NZ Warriors may not win the Nines....but after today most are convinced their tag as red hot favorites is more than justified.

I can't wait till Tomkins is lined up with our other players....people Like Mateo....Vatuvei....He is being roundly worshiped on the NZ Warriors forum !
outback wiganer

Post by outback wiganer »

Been watching it on Premier Sports. Recorded it overnight and been watching it today. Sam is really going to be a massive star over there and good luck to him. The whole concept is fantastic and would love to something like that happen over here (replacing Magic Weekend)with all super league clubs taking part over a weekend with something to win at the end of it all. The atmosphere seems really good with good crowd turn out. Super League take note.
MT Smart

Post by MT Smart »

Kaii wrote:He's fitting in well but to be honest NZW are only one of a few teams that are actually taking this seriously. Was expecting a bit more quality overall, been entertaining but nothing great
Kaii while not all the clubs are taking it seriously ( the Bulldogs and Canberra put in Joke teams ergo they are the only teams not to win a game on day one )

The beauty of the nines is the rest are alive going into tomorrow.

Serious Clubs List :

NZ
Titans
Cronulla
Newcastle
Broncos
Tigers
Eels
Cowboys ( no Thurston but that's world cup player exclusion insurance for them , you have to remember that they never win without Jonathon...one player)
Penrith
Dragons

I'm not being a stirrer here but NRL types often criticise the ESL for only having four serious teams ( not me ) but that's a quality top eight which is all you need for a Quater finals success story.

Put it this way....the only empty seats during the peak of the tournament today was the NZ Rugby Union Corporate box.

I spoke to a number of fans there wearing Auckland Blues Union and All Blacks Jumpers..( there were hundreds in Union Kits )......the general consensus for them was the Rugby Sevens they have been paying big money to see won't be on their calendars for the next five years.

This event has over taken Union in the Media for the first time ever ( remembering we a a Unionist Islamist Fundamentalist state like you cannot imagine...worse than the UK ).
When the Napier City earthquake killed several hundred ( Nz's worst disaster at the time ) it was featured on the back page of the NZ news papers while the All Blacks beating South Africa took front page.

Cultists. Wacco

League just let off A Hydrogen bomb in NZ' biggest Union center.