Eddie charged

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
The booze hound

Eddie charged

Post by The booze hound »

Pettybourne charged with grade b dangerous tackle against the roosters. I thought it was a beautiful tackle.
Kittwazzer

Re: Eddie charged

Post by Kittwazzer »

The booze hound wrote:Pettybourne charged with grade b dangerous tackle against the roosters. I thought it was a beautiful tackle.
Seems to be a problem for NRL forwards adjusting to our sanitised version of the game. Masoe will probably be the same. If they played Origin matches over here, they would end up 5 a side!
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

The game was under NRL rules though - not "sanitised". I imagine the NRL would give him a higher charge and a longer ban.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

He is injured anyway isn't he? Would probably not have played.
East Stand Faithful

Pettybourne out of Wakey game

Post by East Stand Faithful »

http://www.therfl.co.uk/news/article/29 ... ettybourne

Eddy Pettybourne will miss Wigan Warriors’ First Utility Super League match against Wakefield Trinity Wildcats on Sunday after submitting an early guilty plea to a high tackle in the World Club Challenge.

The former Wests Tigers forward was put on report for the late and high shot on Sydney Roosters winger Shaun Kenny-Dowall during Wigan's 36-14 defeat at the Sydney Football Stadium on Saturday.

Pettybourne, who missed the second half with a bicep injury, was charged by a World Club Challenge match review panel comprising of the Rugby Football League's Steve Ganson and Michael Buettner, of the NRL, with a grade B offence.

That carries a ban of one or two matches and, because Pettybourne was eligible to make an early guilty plea, he received the lesser punishment.
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
DaveO

Re: Pettybourne out of Wakey game

Post by DaveO »

As posted elsewhere I think he is injured.
East Stand Faithful

DaveO wrote:As posted elsewhere I think he is injured.
Yes I know.

It may be a waste of his early guilty plea but I guess the coaching staff know what they are doing.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

East Stand Faithful wrote:
Yes I know.

It may be a waste of his early guilty plea but I guess the coaching staff know what they are doing.
If you don't take the early guilty plea and contest the ban you lose the right to enter an early guilty plea for any other offences this season.

So it makes no odds them using the early guilty plea. It was either use it or lose it!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

DaveO wrote:He is injured anyway isn't he? Would probably not have played.
He has a torn biceps by all accounts.
East Stand Faithful

DaveO wrote:
East Stand Faithful wrote:
Yes I know.

If you don't take the early guilty plea and contest the ban you lose the right to enter an early guilty plea for any other offences this season.

So it makes no odds them using the early guilty plea. It was either use it or lose it!
I didn't know that.