Sam Hopkins

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Owd Codger

Re: Sam Hopkins

Post by Owd Codger »

Kittwazzer wrote:
God wrote:So his confidence is shot and is thinking of jacking it all in!!
No. But his attitude isn't at the required standard!
If true, hardly surprising seeing he is from Leigh, especially if the likes of Peawapp of Wigan World has been having a word in his ear about his hatred of Wigan and Wane.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

i thought this guy was meant to be our "Warmsley" the next big think out the championship I heard loads of people were in for his signature
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
CasWigan

Post by CasWigan »

It was strange when he wasn't included in the WCC touring squad yet they took JJ.
It would have been great experience for him and made him feel part of the first team squad.
Seems we might be losing another forward, at least short term.
After reading Radder's latest blog is seems Wigan may be reviewing the recruitment philosophy, most of our forwards are short in stature and light weight. It really showed against the Roosters, I think we need a pack of forwards with more height and bulk to compete against the top teams.
Even Pettybourne looked small against some of those Aussies, then we had Flower, Farrell, Hughes and Bateman who are all lightweight, we must have given away 1 or 2 stones per man.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

CasWigan wrote:It was strange when he wasn't included in the WCC touring squad yet they took JJ.
It would have been great experience for him and made him feel part of the first team squad.
After reading Radder's latest blog is seems Wigan may be reviewing the recruitment philosophy, most of our forwards are short in stature and light weight. It really showed against the Roosters, I think we need a pack of forwards with more height and bulk to compete against the top teams.
Even Pettybourne looked small against some of those Aussies, then we had Flower, Farrell, Hughes and Bateman who are all lightweight, we must have given away 1 or 2 stones per man.
I'd always take a good little un over a bad big un!
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Kittwazzer wrote:
CasWigan wrote:It was strange when he wasn't included in the WCC touring squad yet they took JJ.
I'd always take a good little un over a bad big un!
Do you mean like for example, little Stevie Pitchford, who was known as the Leeds pocket battleship?
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

Problem with that is the Roosters 'big uns' arnt bad there more agile and faster than out small uns

Huddersfield have an impressive pack
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

I see Hopkins didn't feature in the Broncos squad again at the weekend.

Does anyone know if he has definitely gone?
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Apparently he is training with Workington and may feature against barrow at the weekend.
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Scored the only try in Workington Towns 6:8 win at Barrow.
He took a ball on the run from 20yds out, fended a player off and grounded the ball with 2 players hold of him.
A well taken try as shown on Border TV.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Personally thought he looked very promising pre season albeit he is a lefty. Wigan are in desparate need of a top drawer right sided 2nd row.