Micky Mac

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
KOOCH

Re: Micky Mac

Post by KOOCH »

Cracking news. For me the best hooker around.Tough as nails and never backs away from the dirty work. Sometimes gets a little carried away with that hot head of his but makes the big boys think twice about mixing it with him.Pleased as punch :D Now lets think about giving Bateman,Burgess,Sargeson,Hampshire,Williams five year deals then I will be over the moon. :D
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Lazy J wrote:I am pleased Micky has got a new deal, he is harder to replace than Josh, however, this is a discussion board, most discussions on here have some allegded comments/rumours. The worst kept secret in league was alledged for months before Sam confirmed he had for Auckland and discussed at great length, based on this.

Josh's agent was alledgedly hawking him around the NRL, he alledgedly tweets "get me out of here"(its his twitter account, it may not be him) the day after being given a public dressing down.

some very respected posters on other forums have commented on the josh situation, and as they say, no smoke without fire (alledgedly :D )
In your previous post you say one gets a new contract after hawking himself around the NRL - presumably MM. Then the other gets a kick up the backside - presumably JC, unless JC has signed a new contract, you need to make your posts more clear!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
chnwh

Post by chnwh »

Good signing.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

DaveO wrote: I know some think it is stuck record but IMO they should have done the same with Hansen.

Should they do the same with Josh? I don't really see why not as he is a talented player and if not, as with Hansen, you have to ask why not.
Simple fact is numbers DaveO. How far can Wigan spend as far as keeping players where the Salary Cap is concerned? Especially considering the NRL and RU caps are far greater. It simply becomes a biding war of which this club is hampered from the off.

Hansen left for another English side, but of course I am sure you know how much more money he got wage wise as far as his move was concerned. Much better to have not re-signed MM and John Batemen but keep a player made unsettled by the Salford owners approach and public comment that he wanted to take him "home" to play for his Father's old club.

Noble has all ready made a comment that the players he signed for Salford were not simply "mercenaries" with no care for winning anything. Perhaps in a players short career, Hansen chose to make the most money asap rather than gamble on a possible testimonial or contract upgrade Wigan felt he might (or might not) have been worth
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

DaveO wrote:
Lazy J wrote:I am pleased Micky has got a new deal, he is harder to replace than Josh, however, this is a discussion board, most discussions on here have some allegded comments/rumours. The worst kept secret in league was alledged for months before Sam confirmed he had for Auckland and discussed at great length, based on this.
Exactly.
Josh's agent was alledgedly hawking him around the NRL, he alledgedly tweets "get me out of here"(its his twitter account, it may not be him) the day after being given a public dressing down.

some very respected posters on other forums have commented on the josh situation, and as they say, no smoke without fire (alledgedly :D )
Don't know about any of that but it's clear the club has decided it necessary to upgrade Micky Mac's deal and I am glad they have. I have always rated him. I know some think it is stuck record but IMO they should have done the same with Hansen.

Should they do the same with Josh? I don't really see why not as he is a talented player and if not, as with Hansen, you have to ask why not. He didn't do anything other than impress last season 95% of the time and his try scoring record is all you can ask for in a winger.
How do you know if they did not try, but as Hansen had set his mind to lose a testimonial and leave a successful trophy winning club to play for his own town (City) club, the best our club could do was get the correct transfer fee for him before he became a free agent.

He's gone, end of story!