A Few Positives

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
superleague

Re: A Few Positives

Post by superleague »

scully the dirty b***ard shudnt start the fight
pedro

Post by pedro »

superleague posted:
scully the dirty b***ard shudnt start the fight
Which scully :D

least DV showed a bit of fire which we missed 3 weeks ago.
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

Schalk Brits... posted:
This is the biggest thread of nonsense I have ever read on this site.
Wigan got hammered by a Saints side without their first choice halfbacks and who were so bored let their guard quite a few times.
Terry Newton is the only world class player currently running about in a WIGAN shirt ( what's that all about ).
Did you actually read my post, did I rave about how good we were, no I didnt, I just simply mentioned that a few players had decent games to say they were in a well beaten side, you can learn more about players from games like this than when you win by the same margin. We all know we are a pretty poor side this year, all I was doing was pointing out a few pluses from a a very bad game for us.

I also added about players who are not upto the job at all in my eyes, that should suit your mood a little better I think.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Schalk Brits... posted:
Bottm half of your post was O.K but first part was hilarious.Have you read it back yourself.
Off out now so I'll have another good laugh some other time.
I take back my comment about thinking you have a brain, obviously i was wrong...
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

Byrn Hargreaves played well again but then again hasn't had a bad game.

Liam Colbon and David Allen do have alot of talent don't judge them yet because they are only young and playing in a team that isn't really playing that well

Liam Colbon did score that interception try against Hull earlier on in the season and also made a try saving tackle in the same game. Against Wakefield he was unlucky not to catch the Wakefield player at the start game and he also did a great pass for DV to score and against Warrington he showed he had a brain (unlke aspinwall) when he got betweem the ball and the warrington winger to cacth the ball, alot of other winger would have tried to out jump the winger insted. So Colbon has the talent just give he a few years.

Allen hasn't impressed in the first team in the last few games but he did score a good try against Salford and made a big impact against Leeds.
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

Schalk Brits... posted:
Bottm half of your post was O.K but first part was hilarious.Have you read it back yourself.
Off out now so I'll have another good laugh some other time.
Ok boss, your cool, shame on me. You're just another who goes out of his way to annoy people, whatever floats your boat really.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

adrenalinxx posted:

Allen hasn't impressed in the first team in the last few games but he did score a good try against Salford and made a big impact against Leeds.
The problem with Allen is that he's been raised up as a big future star for nearly 3 seasons now, although 1st team chances were rare for him before this year. He has some decent games, but there's not enough to justify all the praise I've heard about him. Another Wild I think, lots of promise but ultimately nothing too special. As you say, though, it's still early days but of all the kids he's probably the one who's going to be under a bit of pressure to deliver soon.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Fraggle posted:
adrenalinxx posted:

The problem with Allen is that he's been raised up as a big future star for nearly 3 seasons now, although 1st team chances were rare for him before this year. He has some decent games, but there's not enough to justify all the praise I've heard about him. Another Wild I think, lots of promise but ultimately nothing too special. As you say, though, it's still early days but of all the kids he's probably the one who's going to be under a bit of pressure to deliver soon.
He seems scared to tackle around the legs, always going high.