Wane Names Squad to Face Tigers

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
RobWigan

Re: Wane Names Squad to Face Tigers

Post by RobWigan »

Bowen
Charnley
Sarginson
Hughes
Burgess
Smith
Green
Flower
Macca
Taylor
Farrell
Bateman
Clubb

Pettybourne,Tomkins, Crosby, James

Gelling and Thornley to miss out
RobWigan

Post by RobWigan »

Gelling and Thornley do not offer anything, in fact they will weaken the tean
BriH

Post by BriH »

BriH wrote:Lockers not playing? Injury?
Who will play in his place?
Hope history doesn't repeat itself like last year when he didn't play.

Listening to the Cas game and the score is 16-0 to Cas after approx.16 minutes!Deja vu?
Matty Bowen has just scored!!! Maybe I'm wrong re.Lockers missing.
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

BriH wrote:Listening to the Cas game and the score is 16-0 to Cas after approx.16 minutes!Deja vu?
Matty Bowen has just scored!!! Maybe I'm wrong re.Lockers missing.
TBH you'd have to of been there to see the depth of the problems on the pitch. The ref effected this game more than any player
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Didn't go - just back from hols - but reading Wane's comments I can't see anything of him critical of the official(s) as way of blame ?

Was our indiscipline just really poor, or were the officials to blame ?

Reading other posts, it looks like it was a particularly bad performance, post-WCC 'blues' perhaps, as with other teams in previous seasons ?
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

Terrible defensively, no leadership, kicking was awful, Bowen offers nothing this could go on. Any time we got going the ref screwed us over, he was definitely pro cas and gave their fans any decision they called for.

Like i said you had to be there to see the full extent of this mess
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Kaii wrote:Terrible defensively, no leadership, kicking was awful, Bowen offers nothing this could go on. Any time we got going the ref screwed us over, he was definitely pro cas and gave their fans any decision they called for.

Well Kaii, let's hope that today was as bad as it gets. If so, we can take some comfort from the fact that our worst showing almost spoiled another team's 100% record. And with that, maybe we can move on.

Like I say, we can but hope!
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Kaii wrote:Terrible defensively, no leadership, kicking was awful, Bowen offers nothing this could go on. Any time we got going the ref screwed us over, he was definitely pro cas and gave their fans any decision they called for.

I said on a previous thread kaii, Hicks is a stains fan and this is another Wigan game that he has officiated and apparently never gave us a look in.
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

Panchitta Marra wrote:I said on a previous thread kaii, Hicks is a stains fan and this is another Wigan game that he has officiated and apparently never gave us a look in.
This might look like i'm using excuses but high tackle after high tackle was over looked, if we made any move against them play was stopped. Shit stains fan would explain a lot