Widnes vs Salford

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Re: Widnes vs Salford

Post by josie andrews »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
BriH wrote:
josie andrews wrote: Me too, can't enjoy a game on tv because of the regular gang of three :angry:

Hemmings, Stephenson & Clarke!!!
Me too. I try to listen to the radio commentary via internet if I can.
Why oh why, do we need so many commentators on Super League matches? Including everybody who chips in, there must be at least 9 of the b....s. Talk about doing youre head in.
Must be unique to Super League.
Grooming them for the future?

Carney for example, was the main presenter for the World Cup Challenge game instead of Eddie.

As time goes on, I think you will see more of him and Wells.
Can't stand the man, interrupts when interviewing people & is up his own a**e :(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

josie andrews wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
BriH wrote: Me too. I try to listen to the radio commentary via internet if I can.
Why oh why, do we need so many commentators on Super League matches? Including everybody who chips in, there must be at least 9 of the b....s. Talk about doing youre head in.
Must be unique to Super League.
Grooming them for the future?

Carney for example, was the main presenter for the World Cup Challenge game instead of Eddie.

Can't stand the man, interrupts when interviewing people & is up his own a**e :(
Eh? You went up on stage and sat next to him when he was a Riversiders guest!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Kittwazzer wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote: Grooming them for the future?

That was before he did Super League Supermen & went at Terry Newton like a terrier with a rat!! And that was only a few weeks before his untimely death.

Everybody knew about Terry's use of an illegal drug, but the way Carney was badgering him about was disgraceful IMO.

He concentrated more on that, as did at the time Hemmings & Stevenson, when talking about him, not about his rugby career & his achievements.

Talk about kicking a guy when he is down :angry:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
phild1

Post by phild1 »

carney and wells have never ventured into coaching and used their vast knowledge of RL.it seems so easy to talk about a game and what mistakes made and what should have happened, the screen is of course a big help. And Clark's stats drive me mad.I am getting cynical in my old age. :sly:
devon jim 1

Post by devon jim 1 »

phild1 wrote:carney and wells have never ventured into coaching and used their vast knowledge of RL.it seems so easy to talk about a game and what mistakes made and what should have happened, the screen is of course a big help. And Clark's stats drive me mad.I am getting cynical in my old age. :sly:
No your not being cynical just expressing a honest opinion I think Carney and Wells are very good and lets not forget that many viewers may not be all that clued up on RL :)
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

josie andrews wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:
josie andrews wrote: Can't stand the man, interrupts when interviewing people & is up his own a**e :(
That was before he did Super League Supermen & went at Terry Newton like a terrier with a rat!! And that was only a few weeks before his untimely death.

Everybody knew about Terry's use of an illegal drug, but the way Carney was badgering him about was disgraceful IMO.

He concentrated more on that, as did at the time Hemmings & Stevenson, when talking about him, not about his rugby career & his achievements.

Talk about kicking a guy when he is down :angry:
Don't remember that one. Remember Eddie giving the news of Tez's death on live TV and Carney being devastated.
phild1

Post by phild1 »

I stand corrected. You are wright just because I get irritated by the gantry mob it doesn't mean they do a bad job. I rated Phil Clark as a player, carney wasn't the best winger I've seen and wells did he set the game alight? Answers please on a postcard To Phil's appreciation society. :D
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

I think carney and wells are good, it's Stevo that spoils it for me. It's clear he loves the game but he's always contradicting himself.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Like it or lump it I think carney will be the voice of rugby league on sky sports unless a more second rate code of rugby tries to poach him.
John wells is a waste of a suit on the show. He lacks ideas just as he did as a player. I would rather see Tez or Baz on the show more.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Its what Sky decide, not the supporters!