From Tiger Bay to Central Park

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

From Tiger Bay to Central Park

Post by josie andrews »

In the lead up to this Fridays Heritage day fixture Wigan Warriors will be releasing a series of rare historic pictures.

The images are sourced by the Rugby League Heritage project in association with the Rugby League Cares charity and highlight some of memorable moments from the Wigan Clubs illustrious past.

The first image shows a young Billy Boston on one of his first visit to Central Park, accompanied by his Mum and Sister.

Boston who was born and raised in Cardiff, signed for Wigan in 1953. During his 15 year career the Winger scored a record 478 tries in 487 games becoming arguably the best known Wigan player of all time.

Tickets for Fridays Heritage Day fixture between Wigan Warriors and Hull KR are still available from the DW Stadium ticket office, via the ticket hotline on 0871 66 33 552 and online by [clicking here]

This image is presented by Alcatel One Touch. Look out for details of the Alcatel One Touch First Try competition for your chance to win £1000 worth of Alcatel Products.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... qiV7I2T.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cow yeds

Re: From Tiger Bay to Central Park

Post by cow yeds »

Beautifully built athlete like a gazelle when he first came, piled the pounds on later.
Aaron C. Rescue

Re: From Tiger Bay to Central Park

Post by Aaron C. Rescue »

cow yeds wrote:Beautifully built athlete like a gazelle when he first came, piled the pounds on later.
Still THE best player I've ever seen in the cherry 'n' white, at a time when 'average' players (in all sports) get labelled legends, WJ is definitely one of ours.
"Are you a jew by any chance ?", "No, a tree fell on me"

'I was certain, positive, convinced, and yet...unsure'

'It's only rock 'n' roll, but I like it'