Re: Mcllorum

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

I feel micky is maybe trying too hard to set an example. He doesn't possess the same style of work rate that lockers has so does it in his own physical way.
Sadly it hasn't paid off in the Cas game.
markill

Post by markill »

Kittwazzer wrote:
markill wrote:Probably going to get a few games off. Probably needs to have. Didn't go today but he was heavily criticised on the radio commentary and not good if people say we lacked leadership and he was captain.
Daft call by Wane IMO, Micky will never be captain material. Too much of a hothead, and that isn't a criticism, its one of his strengths!
I think he has shown some 'leadership qualities' in the way he plays, always on the front foot and never ducks out of a challenge. But I don't know if he is a captan like you say - the only way to find out was to see if he could target his agression to make the example set a complete one, but it maybe seems he couldn't. We wouldn't know before he was given the chance.

Bowen needs to step up in leadership terms, I think we expected some of that form him but he seems on the edge of the group, something needs to be done about that really.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Mickey is our best soilder and so he should remain IMO, I also wouldn't like to see his aggression curbed. I know he will kop a few bans but he is an enforcer and people do not like running at him. You need a bit of a loose cannon in your team its part of the game IMO otherwise you get bullied by teams.

What we need is a good back up captain for when lockers isn't playing but its hard to really find an appropriate candidate because its a very youthful team.

Liam Farrell might be good he is level headed he has been around this team for a while now and he always puts a shift in
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Totally Agree no leadership without Lockers and we desperate need a goal kicker that is the difference in winning and losing a match
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

3 match ban
jobo

Post by jobo »

Kittwazzer wrote:3 match ban
Another 3 match ban for another brainless assault. Hope Waney has him shoveling sh¥t for the next 3 weeks and lots of it.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Mickey is our best soilder and so he should remain IMO, I also wouldn't like to see his aggression curbed. I know he will kop a few bans but he is an enforcer and people do not like running at him. You need a bit of a loose cannon in your team its part of the game IMO otherwise you get bullied by teams.

What we need is a good back up captain for when lockers isn't playing but its hard to really find an appropriate candidate because its a very youthful team.

Liam Farrell might be good he is level headed he has been around this team for a while now and he always puts a shift in

I am amazed that anyone can suggest that teams need a loose cannon.Discipline is paramount in todays game and wins or loses matches.MM is a good player with lots of aggression, he would be better still if he had a brain
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

old hooker wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Mickey is our best soilder and so he should remain IMO, I also wouldn't like to see his aggression curbed. I know he will kop a few bans but he is an enforcer and people do not like running at him. You need a bit of a loose cannon in your team its part of the game IMO otherwise you get bullied by teams.

I am amazed that anyone can suggest that teams need a loose cannon.Discipline is paramount in todays game and wins or loses matches.MM is a good player with lots of aggression, he would be better still if he had a brain
And someone to do something about his tackling technique.
devon jim 1

Post by devon jim 1 »

[quote="old hooker"

I am amazed that anyone can suggest that teams need a loose cannon.Discipline is paramount in todays game and wins or loses matches.MM is a good player with lots of aggression, he would be better still if he had a brain[/quote]

Totally agree Old H'.The last time we had a 'good' player like him Graeme West did the right thing and got rid. :angry:
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

devon jim 1 wrote:[quote="old hooker"

Totally agree Old H'.The last time we had a 'good' player like him Graeme West did the right thing and got rid. :angry: [/quote]

devon jim 1 are you seriously suggesting we should get rid of MM?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett