Waney backs Matty Smith to come good as goalkicker

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
The booze hound

Re: Waney backs Matty Smith to come good as goalkicker

Post by The booze hound »

Opinions are like bum holes, everybody has got one.
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

God wrote: The guffawing stopped after their 3 tries, and was met with just stares as I sat there with a smug face and my brother and dad were laughing.
The original comment that's the issue
mickw wrote:It's a game of opinions,I've had a season ticket for many years but that doesn't mean I'm a happy clapper.i am constantly questioning the club's decisions and the coaches,if I see commitment then I'm happy with the players that doesn't mean I agree with tactics,team selection or players brought and sold,like god I reserve my right to an opinion because I've bloody well paid for it and I care about the club.
Mick I doubt your opinion is one of joy when someone scores against us, it's been shown on here before and rlfans some people have no idea how to support a club. They give out of town support a bad name and its questionable they where even there.
Here a quick test you can give yourself
If you take any enjoyment what so ever when someone scores against us you don't support the team. Appreciating a good try is acceptable and shows a love for the sport in general but never happiness or smugness.
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

Kaii wrote:
If you take any enjoyment what so ever when someone scores against us you don't support the team. Appreciating a good try is acceptable and shows a love for the sport in general but never happiness or smugness.
I didn't read God's post as him being smug that they scored three tries, but being smug that he shut up the people around him, that had no idea of the defensive weakness he had spotted and were taking the p**s out of him. More of an "I told you so, now can we please get this defence sorted out before this lot turn us over"
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

southernpie wrote:
Kaii wrote:
I didn't read God's post as him being smug that they scored three tries, but being smug that he shut up the people around him, that had no idea of the defensive weakness he had spotted and were taking the p**s out of him. More of an "I told you so, now can we please get this defence sorted out before this lot turn us over"
So did most if not all people on here Barr one.

I do find it shocking that a side that has 2 international players a good No7 and supposedly a decent second row is defending ona standard of school boys. The other side has 2 youngsters a decent 6 and a decent second row and yet is a lot stronger. Real questions are going to be asked of Charnley, Goulding and Smith over the next months. They carry on as they are and tbh we could cop some beatings. Luckily we can score from anywhere but we can not play we will score more than you attitude that does not work in the end.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Let's hope we can get our act together Thursday, this will be a massive test for us and cocky arrogance will lose either team the day.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I'd say we're no where near ready for a quality side right now. But I'd also say that it doesn't matter at all. Just treat the match as a hard training hit out with specific goals in mind (and I'd make those goals focussed on the outside defensive structure). I wouldn't worry about the result here, its just a learning exercise.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Mike wrote:I'd say we're no where near ready for a quality side right now. But I'd also say that it doesn't matter at all. Just treat the match as a hard training hit out with specific goals in mind (and I'd make those goals focussed on the outside defensive structure). I wouldn't worry about the result here, its just a learning exercise.
Normally I'd agree with that but when its a local derby, pride is at stake. Especially considering Wire arent breaking records at present!
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Kittwazzer wrote:Sorry to get back on track but apparently Smith is taking his kicking duties very seriously. This week he came in on his day off and kicked 28/30 from all over the pitch. On that basis, its just a matter of achieving some self confidence and I'm happy to stick with him.
Well done Matty. Perhaps this week he can come in and practise his tackling, along with one or two others! Maybe that may not be a good idea given that Waney had them all in last week doing the same thing.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
nellywelly

Post by nellywelly »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:Sorry to get back on track but apparently Smith is taking his kicking duties very seriously. This week he came in on his day off and kicked 28/30 from all over the pitch. On that basis, its just a matter of achieving some self confidence and I'm happy to stick with him.
Well done Matty. Perhaps this week he can come in and practise his tackling, along with one or two others! Maybe that may not be a good idea given that Waney had them all in last week doing the same thing.

I feel that we are in for a whipping on Thursday, we are no way ready to take on a side like Wire even if they are not quite the team they were. They will want revenge for the Grand final defeat last year and we are still very much rebuilding with I fear to many of last years stars missing. Defence wins games and our is hopeless over 100 points scored against us already and I fear another score of over 30 against us on thursday. WE will be lucky to score more than 20 against them. I HOPE I AM WRONG