Wigan v Hull KR

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan Warriors No 1 fan

Re: Wigan v Hull KR

Post by Wigan Warriors No 1 fan »

Agreed when no penalty was given for taking out smith it was rage time because the ref could clearly see what happened, without the high tackle would have been bad enough and a late tackle but the high tackle was just reckless.
Bring back the biff!!!!!
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

The last 40 were really business as usual, and great to see.
Bateman is a wonderful player, and a step up on Hansen. The way he marshalled his side of the field was masterful
Bowen looked class, didn't he? His try was wonderful and he made a couple of other silky smooth breaks.
Smith's kicking looks like it could well come good.
While Mossop is a loss, Flower and Taylor's improvement go a long way to mitigating it.
I'm happy enough with where we are just now. For a combination of reasons, we were always going to struggle for the first couple of months, but the way we fixed everything up on the fly yesterday was very heartening.
Our season will stand and fall by Lockers' fitness, and I think his ongoing injury problems far outweigh the turnover of players as a determining factor. What concerns me is that we never seem to get a straight answer as to how badly he's injured, so we can't get a proper sense of the risks. We're about the 4th best team without him, and the best with him.
(incidentally, having seen Sam's first 2 games in the NRL, and reflecting on his form in the second half of last season - when he played at all - am I alone in thinking that he's lost his electric pace? Maybe we have already seen the best of him - I certainly can't recall his running the full length like Bowen did last night since midway through last year.)
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: (incidentally, having seen Sam's first 2 games in the NRL, and reflecting on his form in the second half of last season - when he played at all - am I alone in thinking that he's lost his electric pace? Maybe we have already seen the best of him - I certainly can't recall his running the full length like Bowen did last night since midway through last year.)
Seems he hasn't lost the ability to slip on his arse just as he's about to set off on a break. So bloody frustrating that was!
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: (incidentally, having seen Sam's first 2 games in the NRL, and reflecting on his form in the second half of last season - when he played at all - am I alone in thinking that he's lost his electric pace? Maybe we have already seen the best of him - I certainly can't recall his running the full length like Bowen did last night since midway through last year.)
Nope I said exactly same thing after watching his first match I think he looks slow, has he bulked up too much?
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

No straw damn us wrote:
cockney warrior wrote:The tannoy blared out with the circus music and then it was SEND IN THE CLOWNS ................I despair!!!
No it wasn't. The music was "Entry of the Gladiator" as that was the theme always used at Central Park.
Some people are cluless when it comes to their Club's history!! Circus music indeed.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
devon jim 1

Post by devon jim 1 »

I Haliday wrote:-

'I agree with DaveO and would also add that the league format doesn't help.

The idea that you don't have to win all your games and still win the g.f creating dead rubbers along the way puts me off attending such matches as yesterday. I pick and choose my games now and much prefer to travel to the away games like Leeds, Bradford even Wakefield etc.

Every game should be a life and death for the end objective to create a stress or thrill emotional roller coaster that drives excitement.' [/quote]

Entirely agree with both Dave O and especially your comments on the format. The whole idea of the play offs as an integral part of determining the league champions seems stupid to me. I've posted on this before and I can only echoe your para starting 'Every game......It's so obvious as to be 'Enthymematical'

:lol:
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Considering the experience and size of the Rovers forwards our front rowers stood up well.
I thought Dom Crosby had a solid stint and is getting stronger as he matures. I think there is more improvement in Dom.
If Eddy Pettybourne could just get rid of those stupid high tackles he would be much more useful. Played solid enough though.
Jordan James didn't let the side down, took the ball up and tackled well enough. Not bad for a stand in.
Scotty Taylor is as good as any prop in SL and the team benefits massively when he is on the pitch.
Ben Flower was at loose but his work rate was good again.
Their forwards were expected to be much more dominant, but they weren't allowed to be especially in the 2nd half.
Sadly the back line, especially out wide weren't on their game, but they will get better.
First game back for Daz and he will get back into it.
Joe is young and as such I don't mind the odd mistake in defence and again he will get better.
Let's bope Matty's kicking continues to improve as it will need to.

nellywelly

Post by nellywelly »

Kittwazzer wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:
cockney warrior wrote:The tannoy blared out with the circus music and then it was SEND IN THE CLOWNS ................I despair!!!
No it wasn't. The music was "Entry of the Gladiator" as that was the theme always used at Central Park.
Fucik?
It might be Entry of the Gladiator but SEND IN THE CLOWNS sums us up better. Preform like the first half against Warrington and the game will be dead and buried before half time. Over a hundred points scored against us so far this season, this is not Grand Final standard we are very much a team in the making and far from the finished artical
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

josie andrews wrote:
the winky one wrote:On another note there were a couple of hundred HKR fans on one side of the ground who sang and chanted the whole game...But the silence from the Wigan fans was eerie, apart from when tries were scored. There was absolutely no atmosphere. :conf:
Couple of hundred :eh: ?

Think the club desperately need to rethink this so called "singing section" in the corner of the East stand & get them all back in the South! (or give them all microphones)

The atmosphere was non existent :(
just a rough guess Josie!! ahem....and I had my glasses on honestly.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Simple solution to the lack of atmosphere at home games.

Allow all those who like to sing and shout to be all together the rear of the South Stand like they are at away games.

Visiting supporters do the same in the North Stand and it is the main reason why they make more noise as they are all together.

The club should forget about the idea of making the South Stand a 'family stand' as there are as many families in the East Stand.