Re: Mcllorum

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

bring back the biff!
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

Tackles around the head were commomplace years ago, the only one you could get sent off for was the stiff arm tackle.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Id be interested if anyone can name a successful (cup winning) team either here or nrl that hasn't had a player of the MM mould an enforcer and no holds barred kind of player.

If you don't have one you get bullied we went through a stage of not having one and we got bullied.

Ever remember Vinnie Anderson smashing tickle standing over him and giving him loads of abuse and not one wigan player stood in, that wouldn't of happened in this team.

Part of the reason why MM is so good in defence is he throws his body into contact and sometimes he misses but take his aggression away and you take away part of the player he is.

Re: CP's point about super slow mo's - I think this is a big problem in our game especially the late challenge argument. Its almost impossible for you to get a true picture of whats happened in slow mo. A 17st guy running full tilt and fuilly commited cannot pull out of a challenge instantly and the slow mo makes them look a lot worse
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

nitsua wrote:Slimshady - "People like you". What an odd turn of words!!!

This is the only post I took exception too. I really don't like anyone telling me what sport I should watch. When you have supported Wigan for 70+ years only then can you tell more to watch netball. Unfortunately, or is it fortunately, I won't be around to read your posts.

God - If Ryan Bailey had broken the jaw of a Wigan player, would you excuse him by saying it was an ill-timed or unfortunate tackle?
BTW I didn't take offence to your post.

TrueBlueWarrior - I said and I quote "for that kind of player in the modern game of rugby league" and you, quite
rightly, thought I advocated a lifetime ban on such players. Unfortunately I should have said "for that kind of play in the modern game of rugby league".

I do agreed with your quote: "reckless foul play is completely out of order and I am all for harsher punishments to try and reduce the amount of cases!"

We need more referees like Sergeant Major Clay, who would have immediately held up a red card and pointed to players exit from the pitch.

BTW: I wasn't offended by your posts as they expressed your
opinion without being disrespectful.
x Wigan Warrior x wrote:
nitsua wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: Totally agree Old H'.The last time we had a 'good' player like him Graeme West did the right thing and got rid. :angry:
devon jim 1 are you seriously suggesting we should get rid of MM?

Well if he isn't I am. The man is a thug and there is no place for that kind of player in the modern game of rugby league. Are we going to way into a player is seriously disabled or even killed before something is done about it?
It's a mans game, it's a hard game and I for one ( who still play ) would not have it any other way. Every team has a hard knock enforcer who protects his team, from super league to NW division 4. Like it or not, it IS still part of our game and always will be [/quote]

Nitsua how can the "people like you" comment be offensive?
You were offensive when you called MM a thug, when quite clearly he is not. He plays the game tough and is probably the biggest hitter in SL. You need to apologise to MM for the thug insult.
I thought the "Its a mans game" was worse than anything I wrote but I wasnt offended by it. If your that thin skinned that your offended by my post then sorry but tough lighten up.

nellywelly

Post by nellywelly »

I did not go to the match but listening to it our forwards were out musled again and MM proberly felt he needed to step up his game as captain and thus went in to hard. There is only a fine line between shoulder and a high shot. We know players should be carefull in the tackle but when the game is going against you and your forwards are being knocked over like nine pins it is hard to keep a clear head for some players, and MM is one of them. He would be always on my team sheet though, he has more positives than negatives for our team though he can be a little recless in the tackle
devon jim 1

Post by devon jim 1 »

Kittwazzer wrote:
devon jim 1 wrote:[quote="old hooker"

I am amazed that anyone can suggest that teams need a loose cannon.Discipline is paramount in todays game and wins or loses matches.MM is a good player with lots of aggression, he would be better still if he had a brain
Totally agree Old H'.The last time we had a 'good' player like him Graeme West did the right thing and got rid. :angry:
Who was that Jim?[/quote]

It was Barry Mc Donut, Terry O'connor's mate. If memory serves,Kitt, Barry was the first person in England if not Britain to be Tazed? by the Police Must have done him good ,he's now a successful pundit on Sky sports and a real nice bloke to boot :)
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

He was indeed the first person to be tazed. However, he was not sold because of his on field discipline (or lack of).

phild1

Post by phild1 »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Sorry CP, but when has anyone disrespected her opinion? She had an opinion, I and others disagreed, that's a forum!!
==Phil;spot on true blue it makes for good reading all the differing points of view.I have been a RL fan for many years and have seen many hard cases in all positions. Some were crafty some were just plain daft. What I don't like is the players who are CHEAP SHOT PLAYERS if you dish it out you've got to take it.remember the stiff arm ,the trip, the hand and foot.in my 77years I've seen em all :D
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

devon jim 1 wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:
devon jim 1 wrote:[quote="old hooker"

I am amazed that anyone can suggest that teams need a loose cannon.Discipline is paramount in todays game and wins or loses matches.MM is a good player with lots of aggression, he would be better still if he had a brain
Totally agree Old H'.The last time we had a 'good' player like him Graeme West did the right thing and got rid. :angry:
Who was that Jim?
It was Barry Mc Donut, Terry O'connor's mate. If memory serves,Kitt, Barry was the first person in England if not Britain to be Tazed? by the Police Must have done him good ,he's now a successful pundit on Sky sports and a real nice bloke to boot :) [/quote]

He wasnt tazed, they werent invented back then it was CS spray that he got done with.
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

Slimshady is spot on, it was in 96 outside a nightclub in Oldham that the 23 year old Barry was indeed honoured with becoming the first member of the British public to receive a CS gassing.