Elliott under pressure as Warriors wobble

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Kittwazzer

Re: Elliott under pressure as Warriors wobble

Post by Kittwazzer »

DaveO wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:He would have no idea how to deal with the Kiwis, Maoris, Islanders!
So no chance of any modern day Iro's or Botica's at Wigan while Wane is in charge then?
Managing one on his turf is a bit different to coaching a bunch of them 12,000 miles away. Over here its 'my way or highway'!
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:I just dont think the NZ warriors could afford a translator for Waney !

:o
:lol1:
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Kittwazzer wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote: I don't think Wane could be a successful coach anywhere other than Wigan!
Why's that Kitt?
Wane is a Wigan lad from Worsley Hall, OK, he did a stint at Leeds but his heart was never there, ask him! He's coaching the only team he ever really cared about. He is passionate about his town and his club. The players know this and accept his demands for 110% because they are playing for HIS town and HIS team. If they don't accept this, they will be history. He couldn't take that anywhere else.

That's my take anyway. He would be a disaster at NZW as he is impervious to 'personalities'. Egos get no change from him. He would have no idea how to deal with the Kiwis, Maoris, Islanders!
I agree with you.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Kittwazzer wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote: I don't think Wane could be a successful coach anywhere other than Wigan!
Why's that Kitt?
Wane is a Wigan lad from Worsley Hall, OK, he did a stint at Leeds but his heart was never there, ask him! He's coaching the only team he ever really cared about. He is passionate about his town and his club. The players know this and accept his demands for 110% because they are playing for HIS town and HIS team. If they don't accept this, they will be history. He couldn't take that anywhere else.

That's my take anyway. He would be a disaster at NZW as he is impervious to 'personalities'. Egos get no change from him. He would have no idea how to deal with the Kiwis, Maoris, Islanders!
Thats a fair comment Kitt and thanks for that.
I just wonder if like Sam, Waney would ever have ambition to prove himself in the best league of them all ie. the NRL and especially alongside an old adversary in Dean Bell. :D