Warrington v Wigan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Warrington v Wigan

Post by cpwigan »

Bowen threw the same pass that led to a break and then a try. The 2nd man play is getting harder and harder to pull off as teams are now opting to go up and in at the 2nd man.

Red Mamma, Sam never ran it in either. He similarly dropped passes off to his wingers. Presumably a coach tactic/instruction?
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

cpwigan wrote:Bowen threw the same pass that led to a break and then a try. The 2nd man play is getting harder and harder to pull off as teams are now opting to go up and in at the 2nd man.

Red Mamma, Sam never ran it in either. He similarly dropped passes off to his wingers. Presumably a coach tactic/instruction?
At first I thought this was Bowens refusal to put his body on the line but watching burgesses' movement on one of the plays makes me think it is coached he busted a gut to put himself inside Bowen to recieve the pass.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
loyalbelfast

Post by loyalbelfast »

An excellent all round team performance with a good workman like performance by one & all, it deserved a better score difference

Onwards & upwards this season, WIG...N!...WIG...N!!

but alas the game overall or no individual got me off the edge of my seat though, miss though a match with the odd bit of brilliance in it aka Billy Whizz or Sam T like style

but nevertheless to win at the Hal stadium..even just to win the toss of the coin there over the years is SUPERB!!

A&L (just like Belfast!)
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Kittwazzer wrote:
Mike wrote:Great defence to nil Wire (the attack conceeded the points). Unexpected that we could go from the team that played against Cas to this one in less than two weeks - maybe this demoonstrates that despite the perceived drop in quality of SL overall the margins between a good performance and a bad one are not that big.

If Bowen threw the intercept, I'm pretty sure he also threw the pass to Budgie for the Faz try. Might be wrong though.
It's always frustrating when you concede an interception try, but it is invariably when the alternative could have been a score for us. I wonder how many of our tries over the years could have been negated by an opportunistic opposition player?
Yeah that was my thought, Good luck to the Wire winger BUT had he missed the intercept it was a Wigan try all the way and with it being Bowen who passed we had no-one covering
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
bourbon_rat

Post by bourbon_rat »

Only just home from work in Melbourne & discovered the Win :cool:
GREAT start to the weekend for me :D
Just need Melbourne to cap it for me on Monday night.

WELL DONE WIGAN :eusa3:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite
and furthermore always carry a small snake
- W C Fields
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

What a let down for those of little faith!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Maybe @wolvesrl should've asked @sydneyroosters for tips how to beat Wigan don't even care if Im the 100th person to say that #alwaysfunny
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Well I was convinced we would lose but am really happy with that.

Burgess is going to be a real star (if we can keep him).

Bateman looks class.

Bowen is looking better each game.

Well done the lads! Always nice to silence the wire
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Many thought we had problems this season, thank the Lord I am not a wire fan, that was their strongest side!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Whelley Warrior wrote:What a let down for those of little faith!
I am gutted, hopefully we will lose our next three