Wane Thrilled with Win

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Wane Thrilled with Win

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan coach Shaun Wane was delighted with his side's defensive efforts as they dominated their Grand Final re-match with Warrington to run out 12-4 winners in the First Utility Super League.

England second rower Liam Farrell scored one try and sent acting captain Blake Green over for another as the Warriors claimed a third win of the season that lifts them above Warrington into sixth place.

"It's a big win for us," Wane said. "I've seen this performance coming.

"We've played well in patches but today we showed some consistency. We showed some real toughness which was the pleasing thing for me.

"I thought we defended really well and we bombed a couple of tries in the first half. I thought we were well deserved winners of that game.

"We spoke about nothing but defence all week and they stood up. The resilience the players showed for young kids was outstanding. It puts us in a real good stead as a club.

"It's a tough place to come but we were very good in difficult conditions."

Wane was especially pleased with the contribution of his half-backs Matty Smith and Green.

"I thought we were smart and the way the half-backs managed the game and guided us around the park was the most pleasing thing for me," he said.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... XkqGXqY.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Wane Thrilled with Win

Post by josie andrews »

[IMG]http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg36 ... a23fef.jpg[/IMG]

That face says it all

"Well done lads, you made me proud"

:eusa2: :eusa2:
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
magsrads

Post by magsrads »

Aww lovely photo .... I get fed up of sky always cutting to him and the gruesome twosome having a pop!
He's a man with a passion ... the speech he delivered after the GF showed that ... and he takes some stick - some of it from his teams own 'fans' - I'm amazed anyone would want to coach Wigan with some of the bile that's directed at them.
He might not be perfect but don't forget this man brought 2 cups home and made us double champions!

Rant over ... and its still a lovely photo !
:D :D
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

magsrads wrote:Aww lovely photo .... I get fed up of sky always cutting to him and the gruesome twosome having a pop!
He's a man with a passion ... the speech he delivered after the GF showed that ... and he takes some stick - some of it from his teams own 'fans' - I'm amazed anyone would want to coach Wigan with some of the bile that's directed at them.
He might not be perfect but don't forget this man brought 2 cups home and made us double champions!

Rant over ... and its still a lovely photo !
:D :D
I thought so too, his face said it all :)