CC Fourth round - Ticket Update

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kittwazzer

Re: CC Fourth round

Post by Kittwazzer »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Big slope on the pitch IIRC

Re floodlights, which game was it when a Wigan fan went on the pitch and lit up a lighter for a would be kicker because the floodlights were so poor.

Best floodlight conspiracy though was when we were playing Saints at CP, might have been Ian Roberts debut. Saints early lead, lights went off, lights eventually restored and Wigan won fairly easily IIRC.
The fan with the lighter was at York.

Funniest thing ive ever seen.
I remember one lad at Central Park going on the pitch and offering Billy Thompson his glasses. Its an arrestable offence now!
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Tickets logistics could be fun. 1,200 terrace and 300 seat allocation!
Going to be difficult to please everyone on this one, I just hope that people don't start the "you can use my season ticket as I can't go". Going to be hard enough to get a ticket as it is. Maybe they should ask people to register for a ticket and then do a draw? Just hope it's not an "in person" only, as work and distance puts quite a few at a disadvantage! :doz:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
josie andrews

Re: CC Fourth round Ticket update

Post by josie andrews »

Dewsbury Challenge Cup Ticket Update

Wigan Warriors are expected to recieve match tickets for the Tetley's Challenge Cup Round 4 tie away to Dewsbury Rams early next week. The game itself will take place at the Tetley's Stadium on Friday 4th April 2014 with an 8pm kick off.

Once the tickets have arrived the Club will make an announcement regarding sales dates and the logisitics of sales from the Ticket Office.

Wigan Warriors can confirm the game will be ALL TICKET and 2014 Members will receive priority both with sales dates and prices to a determined date which we will announce early next week once agreed.

The Club have been allocated around 1200 Terrace Tickets and 300 Seat Tickets for the tie.

Ticket Prices - Members (During Priority Sales Period)

Terracing - Adults £11, Over 60's £6, Students £6, Under 16's- Wiill gain a Free Terracing Ticket with a voucher exchange which must be done in advance to a maximum number of 300.

Seating - Adults £13, Over 60's £8, Students £8, Under 16's £8

Tickets Prices - All Sales (After Priority Sales Period)

Terracing - Adults £13, Over 60's £7, Students £7, Under 16's £7

Seating - Adults £15, Over 60's £9, Students £9, Under 16's £9.

The Club will be running Coach Travel which will also be available to book via the DW Stadium Ticket Office. The cost will be £10.50 for Adult Seasonal Members, Loyal 18 Members and Concessions and £11.50 for Adult Non-Members. These will depart Loire Drive (DW Stadium) at 4.30pm and 4.45pm at Parsons Walk (Opposite The Wheel.)

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent. ... rea78fC.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

FROM A TO B wrote:Tickets logistics could be fun. 1,200 terrace and 300 seat allocation!
Going to be difficult to please everyone on this one, I just hope that people don't start the "you can use my season ticket as I can't go". Going to be hard enough to get a ticket as it is. Maybe they should ask people to register for a ticket and then do a draw? Just hope it's not an "in person" only, as work and distance puts quite a few at a disadvantage! :doz:
Excuse me, but I was under the impression that one of the reasons why many supporters buy a season ticket is to get priority on Cup Tie Tickets.

Actually, Wigan are getting more than they are entitled as I have always understood that the away team are entitled to one third of the capacity which at Dewsbury is only 3,500.

Josie, I stand corrected if this rule has been changed.

I would thing that 1500 was sufficient seeing that the game is on a Friday Night in Yorkshire against a average Championship Club and with the problems of the M62.

Now if it was on a Sunday, that would be a different matter.
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
FROM A TO B wrote:Tickets logistics could be fun. 1,200 terrace and 300 seat allocation!
Excuse me, but I was under the impression that one of the reasons why many supporters buy a season ticket is to get priority on Cup Tie Tickets.

Actually, Wigan are getting more than they are entitled as I have always understood that the away team are entitled to one third of the capacity which at Dewsbury is only 3,500.

I would thing that 1500 was sufficient seeing that the game is on a Friday Night in Yorkshire against a average Championship Club and with the problems of the M62.

Not quite sure what you mean? The fact that there are around 10,000 ST holders with 1500 tickets available. Not having a go at the club or Deswbury, just saying the logistics is going to be hard to determine how they manage the allocation
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

Try thinking of it from dewsburys fans perspective. It must be great for them to have a full house at home against wigan. Ok, we will have supporters unable to get a ticket but every cloud has a silver lining, and that silver lining is we'll be in the hat for the next round whereas a few superleague clubs won't be (let's hope saints are one of them :D )
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

FROM A TO B wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:

Not quite sure what you mean? The fact that there are around 10,000 ST holders with 1500 tickets available. Not having a go at the club or Deswbury, just saying the logistics is going to be hard to determine how they manage the allocation
With a limited allocation, first come, first served like it always has been with season tickets holders given priority.

No need for any draw!
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Don't buy into the first come first served ethos. That's ok if you live local and can get time off work. Oh well, will wait and see :conf:

Oh, is it to early for WEMBERLY, WEMBERLY
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

FROM A TO B wrote:Don't buy into the first come first served ethos. That's ok if you live local and can get time off work. Oh well, will wait and see :conf:

Oh, is it to early for WEMBERLY, WEMBERLY
What's living local and time off work got to do with it when these days there are so many different ways of getting the tickets on a first come first served basis.

Personally, I think that when there is a limited allocation, everyone should queue at the ticket office, but I know that will never happen.
cpwigan

Re: CC Fourth round - Ticket Update

Post by cpwigan »

:roll: Wigan have fans living in every part of Britain; how are those distant fans meant to join a line at the DW to get a ticket. These distant fans are often more dedicated but very much disadvantaged.

A draw seems reasonable or alternatives such as

A gold season ticket member (person has been a season ticket holder for X (5, 10, 15, 20?) seasons)

OR

A token sysstem to reward those who attend previous CC fixtures (last Y (3?) seasons)