Good friday fixture

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Gizmo_Edwards

Good friday fixture

Post by Gizmo_Edwards »

Anyone know when tickets for the above are out??

And for the non-religious anyone no of sumwer in wigan/saints area that does decent fryups.
Wigan Rugby League Fans:- the jackpot winners in rugby league life...
Kittwazzer

Re: Good friday fixture

Post by Kittwazzer »

Gizmo_Edwards wrote:Anyone know when tickets for the above are out??

And for the non-religious anyone no of sumwer in wigan/saints area that does decent fryups.
Food wise, its just another day for restaurants. Only the Catholics avoid meat on Good Friday as far as I'm aware,
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

Hong Sing by the stains ground is a good place to celebrate the win
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

I married into a protestant family and they observed no meat on a Good Friday. Chippys are always open that day, nowt better than Fish, chips and mushy peas. :wink:
These days it's each to his own.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

cow yeds wrote:I married into a protestant family and they observed no meat on a Good Friday. Chippys are always open that day, nowt better than Fish, chips and mushy peas. :wink:
I don't like what passes for mushy peas nowadays. For me, the proper version is peas which have gone mushy, not those which have been made mushy. Basically, if you can't get 'pea-wet' off em, forget it!
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

Kittwazzer wrote:
cow yeds wrote:I married into a protestant family and they observed no meat on a Good Friday. Chippys are always open that day, nowt better than Fish, chips and mushy peas. :wink:
I don't like what passes for mushy peas nowadays. For me, the proper version is peas which have gone mushy, not those which have been made mushy. Basically, if you can't get 'pea-wet' off em, forget it!
You're right about the peas, they are nowt like i remember them when i was a kid. lol
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

cow yeds wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:
You're right about the peas, they are nowt like i remember them when i was a kid. lol
I don't know, i don't like peas
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

medlocke wrote:
cow yeds wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote: I don't like what passes for mushy peas nowadays. For me, the proper version is peas which have gone mushy, not those which have been made mushy. Basically, if you can't get 'pea-wet' off em, forget it!
I don't know, i don't like peas
Why, do they keep falling off your knife? :lol:
stevethegas

Post by stevethegas »

" I eat my peas with honey,
I have done all my life.
It makes the peas taste funny,
but it keeps them on the knife."
Stevethegas