Stevo: I will retire from commentary in three years

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Stevo: I will retire from commentary in three years

Post by josie andrews »

An ex player of great repute, Mike “Stevo” Stephenson has been the face and voice of Sky Sports’ Rugby League coverage for over two decades. Leeds Rhinos star Jamie Jones-Buchanan discusses the journalism career of a man that by his own admission splits opinion right down the middle..

I heard the following quote just a few months back: “If I am I because I am I, and you are you because you are you, then I am I and you are you. But if I am I because you are you and you are you because I am I, then I am not I and you are not you!” Kotzker Rebbe (1787–1859).

The quote was from a Hasidic Rabbi leader from Poland and for me interestingly summed up what we spend most of our life trying to understand. That is, if we don’t use our unique, God-given abilities, and are uninfluenced by the outside world, then we can never truly be ourselves.

http://www.totalrl.com/web/stevo-rugby- ... -interview
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
devon jim 1

Re: Stevo: I will retire from commentary in three years

Post by devon jim 1 »

Looks like they even spoke pretentious nonsense in 18-19 century Poland But Im pleased it made profound sense to you Josie :cool:
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

Should have gone three years ago.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Sky have no mercy. Another three years aaaaaaarrgh.
Mrs Lifter

Post by Mrs Lifter »

I think he is a rubbish commentator but he does make me chuckle sometimes all be it unintentionaly.
And he is a dead ringer for my grandad who was the wrestler Emile Foy otherwise known as Elmo the mighty. I kid you not
Google him and see for yourself
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Hopefully they will get rid of Wiggy a lot sooner, baldy by himself might not be too bad without his other half
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

If some cared about the game as much as Stevo does, they would be entitled to make petty comments about him.

Anything to do with him being a Yorkie?
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Does caring about the game make you a good summariser? Or a good brick layer? Or a good anything. Its irrelevant unless is affects how good you are at your job. It is not enough.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
devon jim 1

Post by devon jim 1 »

medlocke wrote:Hopefully they will get rid of Wiggy a lot sooner, baldy by himself might not be too bad without his other half
I think you could be right about that Meds. Stevo I can live with but Eddie gets my goat :)
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

devon jim 1 wrote:
medlocke wrote:Hopefully they will get rid of Wiggy a lot sooner, baldy by himself might not be too bad without his other half
I think you could be right about that Meds. Stevo I can live with but Eddie gets my goat :)
Eddie is one of the worst commentators you will hear. He is biased, clueless and utterly annoying.