The Best Prop

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
BIG AL

The Best Prop

Post by BIG AL »

With all the talk off next season and the new signings especialy the new props, along with Scully and Seuseu i hope that hargreaves is not forgoten .Over the last few weeks in particular he as been one of the best men on the field, he is only 19 which is young for his position and the tendancy at prop is to go for a bit more experiance.Ijust hope he dosent go the way of other promising talent .ie Brisco,Robinson
willie c

Re: The Best Prop

Post by willie c »

i agree with that hargreaves has got to be the most promising young prop in super league
here mate is that tackle seven your jokeing my head marra
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

Thats right but dont jinx him.We have said that a few times over the last few years lets do a Fergie and keep the pressure off the kids and let them prove it rather than build them up for a fall like the british media do with our best sportsmen and women.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

damien morrissey posted:
Thats right but dont jinx him.We have said that a few times over the last few years lets do a Fergie and keep the pressure off the kids and let them prove it rather than build them up for a fall like the british media do with our best sportsmen and women.
I'd be happy to see him drop back into the academy, only surfacing to cover should one of our 4 props get hurt or (dream on!!) if we are in such a good position that we can afford to rest players. If it takes him another 4 yrs to come through, he will still be a very young prop. Jamie Thackray at Hull is making all the headlines at prop this season and he is 25.
willie c

Post by willie c »

at the mo we have to depend on the kids but hopefully that will change next seasons and hargreaves will only get better with time
here mate is that tackle seven your jokeing my head marra
damien morrissey

That is how it should be unless a young player is a phenom like Faz was then a slow introduction process.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

damien morrissey posted:
That is how it should be unless a young player is a phenom like Faz was then a slow introduction process.
Especially props they take time to fill out. Faz was an exceptional talent in an exceptional side.
damien morrissey

Am trying to take my own advice and am struggling to keep my opinion to myself.So all i will say is that this kid with the quality of the forwards next season should be used spareingly but he looks an immense talent.With the players round him he should develop a lot of skills that will be a strong future for this club.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

damien morrissey posted:
Am trying to take my own advice and am struggling to keep my opinion to myself.So all i will say is that this kid with the quality of the forwards next season should be used spareingly but he looks an immense talent.With the players round him he should develop a lot of skills that will be a strong future for this club.
Good post yes u can burn out easily. I played prop against men when i was 15-16. I stopped playing at 21 for abour 4 years burnt out. Union not League.

Guy is a massive prospect and has turmed out to be a good asset this season. If used properly he will be good for the team.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Millwards the man for bringing in the youth. With the Kiwi connection up front this lad will learn a lot from them and progress to greatness as hes been great the last 2 times ive seen him.