New Centre

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jinkin jimmy

Re: New Centre

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Lyon can only play in the NRL next year if he returns to Parramatta. It was a condition of them letting him resume playing that he either went abroad or came back to them to see out his contract. That contract runs until the end of next season. After that you won't see him for dust. He'll go straight back home, straight into the Origin line up, straight into the Kangaroos. IMO he's the best Aussie to come over here in many years.
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

Cheers Jimmy for clearing that point up for me.What are your views on this debate.Lyon is by far one of the best players to come over and am starting to review my thought process over the Lyon vs Gasnier issue.
pedro

Post by pedro »

damien morrissey posted:
And moving to a different club under a different manager wouldnt have helped.Sorry but didnt he do that anyway didnt he has said he hasnt found it easy to settle in UK he misses his family surely he would go back home with a newborn baby.As i have said he is a brilliant player and a team like Souths with money to burn would snap him up.Maybe he hasnt got the stomach to mix it up with the elite i dont know but i see Gasnier doing it week in week out NRL,Origin and i see Lyon being stopped by Dallas and Vialiki and you cant appreciate where i am comming from sorry i thought you were intelligent and open for a debate.Obviously not!!!
He did do it week in week out. He played for the kangaroos something Gasnier has ever done! He can only go back to PArra for legal reasons . Think before you post...Remember the aussies thought he was the best centre in the world before he gave up so what has changed as you never lose natural talent?

Whats this about a debate? its a difference of opinion not a debate. Gasnier couldnt live with Lyon in the NRL so we'll see when he goes back and takes his origin place!
Vaealikis Girl

Post by Vaealikis Girl »

Lyon is a much better player than Gasnier. HE has natural ability with a football and can create something out of nothing, where i believe Gasnier relies a lot on the players around him. There's nothing wrong with teamwork i just believe Lyon is more a player to start the magic, where Gasnier is a player who finishes it. Both good players, however if it was a question of who i wanted in my team it would be Gasnier for loyalty and commitment reasons.
We'll miss you Freshy!!! Please come back!
pedro

Post by pedro »

Vaealikis Girl posted:
Lyon is a much better player than Gasnier. HE has natural ability with a football and can create something out of nothing, where i believe Gasnier relies a lot on the players around him. There's nothing wrong with teamwork i just believe Lyon is more a player to start the magic, where Gasnier is a player who finishes it. Both good players, however if it was a question of who i wanted in my team it would be Gasnier for loyalty and commitment reasons.
Thankyou point proven by someone who has watched them all first hand.....

Bit biased at the end though :wink:
Welski

Post by Welski »

Vaealikis Girl posted:
i just believe Lyon is more a player to start the magic, where Gasnier is a player who finishes it..
So by that rationale both equally important to the team?

My point being its a team game and whilst you can of course compare players in the same position its the overall part they play in the team that is the vital factor.
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

Back to the original question, neither will come, Lyon because he wants to go back home, and Gasnier because we cant afford him and he doesnt want to come anyway! So lets get Gidley, he's a proven wingers centre, he's still young enough for us to have him prime for a few years, and we can have him for free!
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

adiddy posted:
Back to the original question, neither will come, Lyon because he wants to go back home, and Gasnier because we cant afford him and he doesnt want to come anyway! So lets get Gidley, he's a proven wingers centre, he's still young enough for us to have him prime for a few years, and we can have him for free!
But the quota's full, unless Gidley's grandma likes Val Doonican!!
Dawber

Post by Dawber »

Gidley is out for the rest of the season,
Groin injury and needs an operation, Could you imagine some people on here if we signed an injured player for next year?, It would be the end of the world.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Dawber posted:
Gidley is out for the rest of the season,
Groin injury and needs an operation, Could you imagine some people on here if we signed an injured player for next year?, It would be the end of the world.
Never stopped us before in favt its normallt part of the criterea :)