Re: Dom Crosby

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

God wrote:Not seen him for a while, is he in a rotation with Dudson or is he injured?
Had knee injury, thought he may have been ready last Monday when I spoke to him on Good Friday
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Injuries are a great test of a squad. Hopefully Crosby will be back ASAP and Sutton continues to have a 'dig'. I always think we miss Flower when he is out.

Even at centre I find Thornley to be reliable despite have considerable potential to improve.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

I think Dom has really matured this season and is stepping up to the mark. He is no longer a U19 or U21 looking to impress but more of a secure squad player who is demonstrating his ability. It's maybe now a good time for Sutton to show his grit and determination to move forward.
I am sure CP will be chomping at the bit in the idea of seeing much more of Jordan James. :lol:
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

Crosby strikes me of a big game player too. Always puts a good shift in against saints/wire/leeds.

In fact, he brings good aggression too. He really got stuck into Westwood at the HJ this season.

Sooner hes back the better.

Had to judge because Bradford were so poor but Sutton did well and looked strong, I'd give him a few more games definately.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Panchitta Marra wrote:I think Dom has really matured this season and is stepping up to the mark. He is no longer a U19 or U21 looking to impress but more of a secure squad player who is demonstrating his ability. It's maybe now a good time for Sutton to show his grit and determination to move forward.
I am sure CP will be chomping at the bit in the idea of seeing much more of Jordan James. :lol:
:tong1: You can imagine my response to reading maybe another season for James today :eusa17:
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

If James does get another year's contract he will be eighth choice prop by my estimation.
He'll be behind - Flower, Taylor, Crosby, Pettybourne, Dudson, Clubb, Sutton then Jordan James.
That's unless one of those named will leave at the end of this season.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Wiganer Ted wrote:If James does get another year's contract he will be eighth choice prop by my estimation.
He'll be behind - Flower, Taylor, Crosby, Pettybourne, Dudson, Clubb, Sutton then Jordan James.
I'm not convinced Dudson will be retained!
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Wiganer Ted wrote:If James does get another year's contract he will be eighth choice prop by my estimation.
I would choose to see Jordan James selected ahead of Gill Dudson on their current form Ted.
I have also seen both of them play in one Workington Town match this season and Dudsons attitude was shocking in that game.
I fully understand and agree with people saying younger players should be selected before James, however, he has been a solid selection and hasn't let the team down yet. I am not too concerned on his selection for that reason alone.