Leeds Rhinos favourite to win Challenge Cup

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Leeds Rhinos favourite to win Challenge Cup

Post by josie andrews »

Leeds Rhinos are favourites with bookmakers to go on and win their first Challenge Cup trophy since 1999.

After impressively despatching St Helens 32-12 on Saturday, the Rhinos are 7/4 to go all the way.

Cup holders Wigan are second favourites at 2/1, Warrington Wolves are third at 4/1 and Castleford Tigers are fourth at 8/1.
Widnes Vikings (20/1) and Bradford Bulls (25/1) complete the Super League contingent, while Leigh Centurions (100/1) and Keighley Cougars (1,000/1) are the Championship’s outside hopes.

The draw for the sixth round of the Tetley’s Challenge Cup will be made live on the BBC News channel tonight (Monday) at around 6.30pm.

The quarter-finals take place on the weekend of June 7-8.
Total Rugby League understands that all four matches of the quarter-finals will be broadcast live, with two matches to be screened by the BBC and two by Sky Sports.

http://www.totalrl.com/web/leeds-rhinos ... llenge-cup
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
devon jim 1

Re: Leeds Rhinos favourite to win Challenge Cup

Post by devon jim 1 »

Bookmakers are not omniscient are they? We will win the double,(fingers crossed) :)
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Leeds are favourites for the same reason I won't fly with Qantas. They've never had a crash so stastically, they are overdue to have one!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Leeds over this season so far have been better. Bookies will go be form and the season. Rather than the Wane form of we will play at our best when he wants us to.

Will be a good season of Leeds V Wigan games both good sides. Difference is the longer the season goes the harder it will be for them as they found out last season.
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

The bookies have Leeds as favourites but if they get drawn away to us or Wire in the next round the odds will change and there will be a new 'favourite'
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

I seem to remember the said bookies making a certain stains favorites for good Friday and look what happened then. Nothing like making a bookie eat his words or to give me a few extra quid in my pocket :D