1000th Post

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
TonyH

1000th Post

Post by TonyH »

Not often I reach a milestone like this but as I have I will write somethings on here going through my mind.

Over the past few seasons I have noticed that we start poor in the league, whether it is due to getting to know each other or Bitcon programming the conditioning side of things so that we gradually improve and get fitter as the season progresses I don't know, one thing I do know is that I don't actually care how we start.

There are still people who believe we should win every game, whilst I want us to win every game we are simply playing the hand that the RFL has dealt to every team, only we play it a bit better and a bit smarter. We ease off towards the back end of the season once we have made the top 4 so that we are fresh for the Playoffs, some fans won't like it, I do because it wins us silverware.

Obviously this is all things most people on here are aware of but I am just expressing my delight in how the Wigan club is ran at the moment. I will gladly eat humble pie as I slagged Shaun Wane off at the start of 2013 but he has shown me and every other skeptic that he is a winner and by all acounts one hell of a decent bloke.

I'd also like to praise Amanda Wilkinson who I have been speaking to over the past few weeks. I emailed her about my junior players possibly going to a game and walking on to the field with the players, her reply was instant and although the Wigan players are already walking out with a team against Salford on 1st August, she has seeked authorisation from Salford to let 17 of my team walk out with the Salford players, as well as the rest of the kids doing the centre stage flag waving before the game. Absolutely magnificent, kids will be so chuffed when I eventually get round to telling them, another reason why this club is the best in the world.

One final note, myself and the wife are expecting another baby late November/Early December time, thought I'd mention that on my 1000th post as well.

Loving life at the moment, playing, coaching, supporting and enjoying my RL, here's to all of you who keep this forum entertaining. :thum:

By 'eck, nice bit of positivity on a Monday morning, eh? :D
Up The Mont!
josie andrews

Re: 1000th Post

Post by josie andrews »

Congratulations on your good news :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
devon jim 1

Post by devon jim 1 »

Well said and a great 100th postp.s Jim or Jimmima are lovely names. CONGRATULATIONS :lol:
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

TonyH wrote:Not often I reach a milestone like this but as I have I will write somethings on here going through my mind.

Over the past few seasons I have noticed that we start poor in the league, whether it is due to getting to know each other or Bitcon programming the conditioning side of things so that we gradually improve and get fitter as the season progresses I don't know, one thing I do know is that I don't actually care how we start.

There are still people who believe we should win every game, whilst I want us to win every game we are simply playing the hand that the RFL has dealt to every team, only we play it a bit better and a bit smarter. We ease off towards the back end of the season once we have made the top 4 so that we are fresh for the Playoffs, some fans won't like it, I do because it wins us silverware.

Obviously this is all things most people on here are aware of but I am just expressing my delight in how the Wigan club is ran at the moment. I will gladly eat humble pie as I slagged Shaun Wane off at the start of 2013 but he has shown me and every other skeptic that he is a winner and by all acounts one hell of a decent bloke.

I'd also like to praise Amanda Wilkinson who I have been speaking to over the past few weeks. I emailed her about my junior players possibly going to a game and walking on to the field with the players, her reply was instant and although the Wigan players are already walking out with a team against Salford on 1st August, she has seeked authorisation from Salford to let 17 of my team walk out with the Salford players, as well as the rest of the kids doing the centre stage flag waving before the game. Absolutely magnificent, kids will be so chuffed when I eventually get round to telling them, another reason why this club is the best in the world.

One final note, myself and the wife are expecting another baby late November/Early December time, thought I'd mention that on my 1000th post as well.

Loving life at the moment, playing, coaching, supporting and enjoying my RL, here's to all of you who keep this forum entertaining. :thum:

If you have sky there is a piece on Amanda as part of the sports women series in the on demand section. Very short but worth a peek
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

1000 posts, SMALL FRY :wink: :)

Some great news in your post. Congrats and keep fighting the good RL fight in sunny Cumbria.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Fujiman wrote:
TonyH wrote:Not often I reach a milestone like this but as I have I will write somethings on here going through my mind.

If you have sky there is a piece on Amanda as part of the sports women series in the on demand section. Very short but worth a peek
http://www.sportinglife.com/rugby-leagu ... or-the-top
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

Thanks for all of your kind words regarding the baby, it will be nothing different for us as it will be our third (my 4th). However, I'm sure you will all be pretty pleased to know that if it is a boy the wife has agreed to let me name him after our awesome (and hopefully Man of Steel) captain. :D
Up The Mont!
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

TonyH wrote:Thanks for all of your kind words regarding the baby, it will be nothing different for us as it will be our third (my 4th). However, I'm sure you will all be pretty pleased to know that if it is a boy the wife has agreed to let me name him after our awesome (and hopefully Man of Steel) captain. :D
Your thinking of naming your newborn Sean O'loughlin?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

The booze hound wrote:
TonyH wrote:Thanks for all of your kind words regarding the baby, it will be nothing different for us as it will be our third (my 4th). However, I'm sure you will all be pretty pleased to know that if it is a boy the wife has agreed to let me name him after our awesome (and hopefully Man of Steel) captain. :D
Your thinking of naming your newborn Shaun O'loughlin?
Don't you mean Sean? :wink:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

Without the 'O' and swapping the names around. I'm not a total idiot :roll:
Up The Mont!