Mark Calderwood Class Winger ! God Help Us And British RL

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
damien morrissey

Re: Mark Calderwood Class ...

Post by damien morrissey »

As i have stated we are sceptical about Calderwood but to dissmiss him without seeing him play for us is harsh at least.We need at least one half back and a world class centre like someone mentioned Gidley but we are rebuilding currently we should praise IM for what he has done so far and see what he can do over a two or three year timeframe.A bit fluffy but am sick of being negative and am trying to look at the positives.
recordman

Post by recordman »

I'm not having a go at Millward I personally think this Calderwood Signing was bagged up well before Millward joined us and If you asked Ian now what he thnks he would probably quote the corporate view .. Great signing blah blah blah. Despite my comments on here I would like to be as positive & constucive as I can However there comes stime when you just get fed up with listening to the same old hype trotted out by the Wigan Management
Wigan Supporters were used to hear of signings of the calibre of Gene Miles Brett Kenny Greg Dowling Joe Lydon Andy Platt Dean Bell - You know who is not in the same class
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

I agree with the comparisons in players but at the time we by far the best team in the land if not the world there was no salary cap or overseas quota.Things have changed we need to see what Milly can do in the current climate remember we were beaten by a side built by Milly twice in three weeks by over 100 points.I would settle for results like this