New Centre

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pedro

Re: New Centre

Post by pedro »

Dawber posted:
Gidley is out for the rest of the season,
Groin injury and needs an operation, Could you imagine some people on here if we signed an injured player for next year?, It would be the end of the world.
Never stopped us before in fact its normally part of the criterea :)
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

As i posted after i was unaware of the situation between him and Parra so it wasnt a matter of not thinking just not fully aware of the situation surrounding a Sts player. You are correct that it is a difference in opinion between the two of us Pedro but this is called a forum/message board we are here two exchange ideas or opinions hence the debate sorry you dont understand that. Vialikis girls as you have posted have seen them both play firsthand and would rather have Gasnier doesnt that tell you something.
pedro

Post by pedro »

damien morrissey posted:
As i posted after i was unaware of the situation between him and Parra so it wasnt a matter of not thinking just not fully aware of the situation surrounding a Sts player. You are correct that it is a difference in opinion between the two of us Pedro but this is called a forum/message board we are here two exchange ideas or opinions hence the debate sorry you dont understand that. Vialikis girls as you have posted have seen them both play firsthand and would rather have Gasnier doesnt that tell you something.
She stated Lyon was better! She would only have Gas due to commitment as Lyon walked away from Parra hence he has no commitment. Still not a debate sunshine but if you carry on it will be...... :)
damien morrissey

Are you for real.Yes she thought Lyon was individually the better player but in the years i have been playing and watching this game the team of best individuals doesnt take the trophy it is the better team and team players.And are you afraid of debating an arguement with me son..... :) :)
pedro

Post by pedro »

yep....

He is a better player than Gas as he creates for his team and Gas needs the team to create for him so she said....sssssooooooo Lyon is a better team player with a bad attitude...there end off!
damien morrissey

Yea right.I will go back to Dallas and an underperforming DV keeping him quiet yet the best in Qsland not able to stop Gasnier taking three trys in origin 05.The general consensus is that Lyon is the better player but everyone would rather see Gasnier in there team thats my point.As an end to this i will refer to a couple of posts back both wont come so lets focus on who will come.
pedro

Post by pedro »

To be honest I dont think anyone will come. The days of class coming over in their primes are gone..Buy British buy senior or Gleeson.
damien morrissey

We both agree on that.We should of bought Senior from sheffield after he tore through us in the CC final and Gleeson is one of the best in the world he is a Wigan lad who wanted to play for us. Senior wont come over the pennines now at this stage of his career but we should get Gleeson if we are prepared to pay the money and i think he is worth it.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Only trouble with your Gleason scenario is the fact that Warrington are a buying team not a selling team, see what Caisley said about Warrington bidding more for anyone they wanted who the Bulls wanted as well :exc:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

its not the initial price to buy the player its the wage bill he brings thats the problem. the three hundred grand transfere bill doesnt come under the salary cap and having a multi millionaire owner helps that bit.its the wages he commands does count and that is where it all goes pear shaped. warrington would not be able to out bid wigan if wigan really wanted a player. and having the same salary cap they wouldn't be able to pay him silly wages either.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart