St Helens on the prowl?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Owd Codger

Re: St Helens on the prowl?

Post by Owd Codger »

With some, it does not seemed to sink in that it is more of a case of most players wanting to go for more money in the NRL and RU than what it is the club wanting to sell for profit.

Time have changed with our game no longer being what it use to be where money is concerned and some need to face up to that fact.

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Whelley Warrior wrote:With some, it does not seemed to sink in that it is more of a case of most players wanting to go for more money in the NRL and RU than what it is the club wanting to sell for profit.

Time have changed with our game no longer being what it use to be where money is concerned and some need to face up to that fact.

You clearly hadn't noticed we were discussing SL to SL transfers.

As to the NRL, well Kevin Locke has put paid to the argument it is all one way traffic. A class player in his prime has signed a 3 year deal for an SL club.

So next time (if) we sell a player to the NRL you won't be able to trot out that ready made excuse.

The latest rumours are Green and FLower to Salford.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... d-7073381

Green I can see being let go as young players come up but Flower is a key player. We will see the strength of the clubs resolve at keeping its best players not with raids by the NRL but due to the interest seen from other SL clubs.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

At lest week's presser for the Leeds game Waney said that Flower had two years left on his contract, that he was buzzing and not going anywhere.
Green is ooc end of this year as we know but whether he stays or departs may well depend on the offers he is made.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

I wouldn't be fussed if Green was to leave Wigan at the end of the season, but it would concern me if he was getting the number 6 berth ahead of Ryan Hampshire who may take this personally and decide to play first choice elsewhere.
I don't see any better home grown halves than the likes of Ryan and George and IL has to do what's required to keep these players . Good half back pairings in the SL are like rocking horse muck.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

Panchitta Marra wrote:I wouldn't be fussed if Green was to leave Wigan at the end of the season, but it would concern me if he was getting the number 6 berth ahead of Ryan Hampshire who may take this personally and decide to play first choice elsewhere.
I don't see any better home grown halves than the likes of Ryan and George and IL has to do what's required to keep these players . Good half back pairings in the SL are like rocking horse muck.
here here well said that man
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Panchitta Marra wrote:I wouldn't be fussed if Green was to leave Wigan at the end of the season, but it would concern me if he was getting the number 6 berth ahead of Ryan Hampshire who may take this personally and decide to play first choice elsewhere.
How many quality half back pairings are there in SL or even has been over the last 10 years. People laughed when we signed Smith and Green especially Wire fans. Now they wish they had both.

Green will not be here next season but Smith will be and hopefully he will stay a few more years. Its one thing having potential but we could be in an awkward situation where a good successful pairing leaves and for the 2 young guys coming in it could be too much too soon. So having Smith here just as Bowen wants to stay will be a handy cushion to fall back on next season.

Jimmy Birts

Post by Jimmy Birts »

Ryan Hampshire has signed a 5 year deal with Saints
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Jimmy Birts wrote:Ryan Hampshire has signed a 5 year deal with Saints
If it is true then very sad, if it is not the your post will look very silly!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Jimmy Birts

Post by Jimmy Birts »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Jimmy Birts wrote:Ryan Hampshire has signed a 5 year deal with Saints
If it is true then very sad, if it is not the your post will look very silly!!
meant to add from a pretty decent source. This is the rumour mill!
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

Can't see this happening