Sarge still a work in progress

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Southern Softy

Re: Sarge still a work in progress

Post by Southern Softy »

Sarginson's problem may well be that London never seemed to bother much about defensive tactics so he has an awful lot of the basics to learn. He may be big and strong and very good going forward (which will prove very useful in his career) but he seems to be learning much less quickly than Burgess.

The same might be said of Clubb who is cumbersome and needs to sharpen up quickly.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Clubb is better in the front row, where he played for London. Although he played loose last Friday the stats show him making 47 tackles, that really is putting a shift in. He doesn't look slow and cumbersome to me. He was the only one who could put Peacock down in a one on one tackle and that's not easily done!
I think Clubb has an excellent future at Wigan.

As for Sargy, at 20/21 obviously still a work in progress but has the talent to become a top class SL player. Some improvement to go yet before he gets to that stage.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think the problem with Sarge and Clubb is the lack of high quality coaching at a very early age so they lack instinctive reading of the game. Both do not seem to lack effort though and hopefully they can kick on. As already stated by others Sarge is still young.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

No straw damn us wrote:
DaveO wrote:Not impressed.

And why, when we have the production line we have, do we sign "work(s) in progress" from anyone?
And who do you think from that production line is ready from the first team?
No one in particular. I think you missed the point.