Cas v Leeds observations

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
East Stand Faithful

Cas v Leeds observations

Post by East Stand Faithful »

1. Peacock - is he a freak or is it a case of it's the done thing for props to only play half the game. peacock I think did 70 mins against us and 80 minutes tonight whereas our younger props only do 40 mins per game. is peacock really 36?

2. Is it me or did Leeds get all the ref decisions?

3. Why oh why do the refs wear Barbie doll pink? Call me an old fart but it looks ridiculous!

4. daryl Clark - not really noticed him in the past but he has had some good reports from fans and lots of Wigan fans would like us to sign him as a hooker. He had a good game tonight and I can see why people like him.
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
cpwigan

Re: Cas v Leeds observations

Post by cpwigan »

Leeds have the outside backs to win big games.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Yes, I do believe they get more of their fair share of 50/50 calls. As per JPs knock on last week!
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

[quote="Kittwazzer"]Yes, I do believe they get more of their fair share of 50/50 calls. As per JPs knock on last week![/quote

They sure do, and a classic example was the Challenge Cup Semi Final of 2012 at Huddersfield when two of their try's should never have been allowed as one involved a clear knock on in the build up while the other a blatant offside.

Another example was the game at Headingley, when Bentham give them everything and sent off Andy Coley for nothing.

Blue eyed club, always has been and always will be as long as the HQ of the RFL is in Leeds.

Time it was moved to Manchester where it would be nearer to the National Media.
phild1

Post by phild1 »

cpwigan wrote:Leeds have the outside backs to win big games.
phild==if you leave the wingers unmarked you Will get punished,as you Will when the kicker has all the time to place the ball wherever he wants.I would like to see Maguire and sinfield flattened they both get under my skin.Barney barrie hasn't added anything to the commentary team I think he's had to many head shots and made him ramble,it makes it worse him being a Leeds supporter :sly:
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

they also have danny Maguire who is literally a cheat

he is the only rugby player im aware of who celebrates a try even if he knows he hasn't got it down in the hope the ref wont go to the video ref.

everytime I see him I just want to punch him square in the face
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:they also have danny Maguire who is literally a cheat

he is the only rugby player im aware of who celebrates a try even if he knows he hasn't got it down in the hope the ref wont go to the video ref.

everytime I see him I just want to punch him square in the face
Haven't had any respect for him since the 2010 playoffs. I hate seeing a player get injured but I didn't lose much sleep in his case!
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

How many penalties were Cas awarded? I switched off after Leeds try in the 2nd half and up to then Cas had only 1 pen awarded. We were only awarded one in the 80 mins last Friday. If one team is allowed to regularly infringe without being penalised when the other is penalised then we really do have problems. The problems aren't with Leeds either.

How many times did Sinfield get tackled and play the ball? Not once v us nor once v Saints afaik.

Peacock is fantastic, but why is he allowed to ball carry into a tackle with a leading elbow?

Cas ran out of energy after playing Sunday then Thursday.

Why have Cas only plans for a 10k stadium, with a good team and playing in a new stad they could average over 10k a game.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

cpwigan wrote:Leeds have the outside backs to win big games.

They do, but not if you get on top of their pack. Teams need to take the steam out of their six by running straight and hard - constantly working their props and hooker over. I guarantee that with such tactics Peacock would not play 70 mins. Add to that, good ball retention and a good kicking game and I think Leeds will be beaten.

To be fair they are the best team at the moment but let's see what happens when push comes to shove later in the season.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

East Stand Faithful wrote:1. Peacock - is he a freak or is it a case of it's the done thing for props to only play half the game. peacock I think did 70 mins against us and 80 minutes tonight whereas our younger props only do 40 mins per game. is peacock really 36?

2. Is it me or did Leeds get all the ref decisions?

3. Why oh why do the refs wear Barbie doll pink? Call me an old fart but it looks ridiculous!

4. daryl Clark - not really noticed him in the past but he has had some good reports from fans and lots of Wigan fans would like us to sign him as a hooker. He had a good game tonight and I can see why people like him.
I think Craig Huby would be a good fit for Wigan - he's off contract at the end of the season. by the way, he can also kick goals!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards