Michael Dobson

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
OJ

Michael Dobson

Post by OJ »

Don't know if it has been mentioned on here anywhere but not seen it so what do you all think about the rumour on the Wire board that Michael Dobson could be joining them in the next few weeks?

I was disappointed when he went to Hull KR instead of back to Wigan when he came back to the UK last time and he would certainly make a difference at Warrington. Even if he doesn't go there this season I wouldn't be surprised to see him back in the UK next year as he doesn't seem to get much game time in the NRL
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Panchitta Marra

Re: Michael Dobson

Post by Panchitta Marra »

OJ wrote:Don't know if it has been mentioned on here anywhere but not seen it so what do you all think about the rumour on the Wire board that Michael Dobson could be joining them in the next few weeks?

I was disappointed when he went to Hull KR instead of back to Wigan when he came back to the UK last time and he would certainly make a difference at Warrington. Even if he doesn't go there this season I wouldn't be surprised to see him back in the UK next year as he doesn't seem to get much game time in the NRL
I think Wire are desperate for a player to fill the gap left by Lee Briers. Myler, Ratchford and O'Brien don't seem to be the answer. Maybe Wire see Dobson as the nearest clone to Briers.
I don't see Dobson as being any better than Matty Smith and Blake Green and especially if we have Rocky, George Williams and Sam Powell coming through.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

They need more than Dobson!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Dobson's never been good enough for the NRL and I'm sure will be back. He may well go to Wire.
I also think they'll go for BJB as they need to rebuild from the back. Russell is ok but he ain't as good as BJB.
There again they need to rebuild from the front row.
To think we worry about us signing Jordan James when Wire signed Roy Asotasi.
Tony Smith's recruitment policy over this past 2 to 3 years has now been shown up for what it is, shambolic!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Wiganer Ted wrote: To think we worry about us signing Jordan James when Wire signed Roy Asotasi.
Tony Smith's recruitment policy over this past 2 to 3 years has now been shown up for what it is, shambolic!
I think his options have been limited Ted. If you recall, they didn't sign anyone last season, merely extended contracts to the old men. Moran has put the cheque book away!
phild1

Post by phild1 »

Wiganer Ted wrote:Dobson's never been good enough for the NRL and I'm sure will be back. He may well go to Wire.
I also think they'll go for BJB as they need to rebuild from the back. Russell is ok but he ain't as good as BJB.
There again they need to rebuild from the front row.
To think we worry about us signing Jordan James when Wire signed Roy Asotasi.
==phild that's a hell of a statement Dobson not good enough for NRL.doesn't say much for our super league :(
markill

Post by markill »

phild1 wrote:
Wiganer Ted wrote:Dobson's never been good enough for the NRL and I'm sure will be back. He may well go to Wire.
==phild that's a hell of a statement Dobson not good enough for NRL.doesn't say much for our super league :(
Does it say that much? Dobson was good in Super League but never won anything and never played in a side really challenging for honours. Good in average sides.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think Dobson like Luke Walsh is an excellent SL player for anybody. At times for Newcastle he has produced moments of sheer class ut seem in 3rd place for 2 half back spots.

Has the master coach Wayne Bennett had his day too? RL coaching is IMO a relatively young mans game.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

cpwigan wrote:I think Dobson like Luke Walsh is an excellent SL player for anybody. At times for Newcastle he has produced moments of sheer class ut seem in 3rd place for 2 half back spots.

Has the master coach Wayne Bennett had his day too? RL coaching is IMO a relatively young mans game.
Was dobson consistent enough to be a good SL player, he was like Jekyll and Hyde, you never knew which version was coming out on the pitch.
How young is young in coaching terms, we have a variety of ages in SL but who would you go for if you had your choice.
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

markill wrote:
phild1 wrote:
Does it say that much? Dobson was good in Super League but never won anything and never played in a side really challenging for honours. Good in average sides.
Agreed, that sums him up perfectly imo.