Gonna be hard

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kittwazzer

Re: Gonna be hard

Post by Kittwazzer »

josie andrews wrote:As long as our young lads give their all, I'll be happy.

You can't ask for more than that & I'm always confident in whichever team we put out ???? ????

???????????????????????????????? ????
They certainly won't let us down as they know that good performances are rewarded with more games.

Remember 2003 and keep the faith! :)
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

The young lads have not let us down so far good luck to them
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Liam Farrell, Matty Bowen, Josh Charnley, Iain Thornley, Ben Flower, Eddie Pettybourne and Ryan Hampshire, who all missed last Friday's 44-16 win at Hull, are unlikely to return and they have been joined on the injury list by Tony Clubb, who will be out for four to five weeks with a knee injury, and Ryan Sutton, who was concussed at the KC Stadium.

"We're absolutely down to the bare bones," said head coach Shaun Wane who is set to bring two 18-year-old forwards, Rob Lever and Ben Austin, into his 19-man squad for Saturday's game.

"I'm gutted but going to Hull last week lacking eight first teamers and losing two middles for 75 per cent of the game but scoring forty-odd points against a full-strength Hull team means I'm not stressed about it.

"I want us to win this game on Saturday and I genuinely believe we'll be competitive."

A limited number of reserved third tier East Stand tickets for the Saturday of the Magic Weekend are still available via the DW Stadium ticket office. Tickets cost £20 for adults and £10 for concessions (members 50% discount still valid) and can also be purchased online by [clicking here]

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... k7B5LSM.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
HGWarrior

Post by HGWarrior »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:Looks like no one's back, according to Sky Sports. So we've 10 (or is it 11) out.
Such a shame as it would have been good to see us go toe to toe with something like a full team.
But them muppets on Sky won't mention that more like that Sinfield is the best kicker in the world and if he misses a goal its because of his in growing toe nail!!

That aside this 'Magic' weekend is just another game. It isn't a final or any kind of decider. As long as we are there or there abouts at the end of the season - does it matter.

Wonder if Batemen will get strangled with no comeback by Peacock again??
The future's bright

The future's Cherry & White!!!!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

In Jordan James we have faith ;)

Actually, let the young guns have a go. They might actually be very good!
Green Machine

Post by Green Machine »

I wonder if young Connor Farrell will get a game. He's a great prospect unfortunately got injured last season.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan wrote:In Jordan James we have faith ;)

They've never let us down :)

JJ didn't let us down on Friday :exc:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

josie andrews wrote:
cpwigan wrote:In Jordan James we have faith ;)

They've never let us down :)

JJ didn't let us down on Friday :exc:
JJ has never let us down!! His attitude has been exemplary!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

josie andrews wrote:As long as our young lads give their all, I'll be happy.

You can't ask for more than that & I'm always confident in whichever team we put out ???? ????

???????????????????????????????? ????
You couldn't have put it any better Josie.
Our young lads are worth paying full match fee anytime.
They give 100% in effort and desire.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Read a lot about Jordan James and I wasn't impressed with his re-signing as a player, again.
However he has done ok, not outstanding but has brought experience to the pack when we've needed it.
I'd far rather have JJ than poor Wire having signed Roy Asotasi, what a disaster that's turning our to be!
Wasn't he Tony Smith's marquee signing?

As for Saturday we can only keep our fingers crossed and hope for a good performance from the lads. Two things really. On the sixth don't kick to Ryan Hall, that's asking for trouble and we'll get it big time!
The other is to hope we get more than the one penalty that we were awarded at Headingly. I don't know how the refs have the brass neck to do that to teams. They always get away with it though!

Thursday is when Waney names his squad but from those that are are left standing this is my squad - for what it's worth -
Sarginson,
Manfredi, Goulding, Gelling, Burgess,
Powell, Smith,
Taylor, McIlorum, Dudson,
Hughes,Bateman,
Green.
Bench - Crosby, James, Williams, C Farrell.

The 5 threequarters pick themselves,
Powell at 6 as I've gobe for Green at 13.
IMO a prop at 13 when Lockers is missing isn't working apart from last Friday. I think we need a playmaker and talker there so gone for Green. He won't face any one on one tackles in the middle and face on he can belt in the tackle. Connor in the 17 and bench, debut and not used to the pace of SL, limited time out there really.

I wish them well.