Update for fellow book readers.

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Kittwazzer

Update for fellow book readers.

Post by Kittwazzer »

I'd never heard of Nadine Dorries MP until she got all the flak for appearing in I'm a Celebrity. Few weeks ago, she was interviewed by Jeremy Vine and I thought she came across really well; a down to earth Scouser who had worked her way up from nothing.

Anyroadup, she has had her first novel published. Four Streets is based on her poor Anfield upbringing in the '50s. Not expecting it to be as good as 'Our Kid', but for only 20p on Kindle, its got to be worth a look!
josie andrews

Re: Update for fellow book readers.

Post by josie andrews »

Kittwazzer wrote:I'd never heard of Nadine Dorries MP until she got all the flak for appearing in I'm a Celebrity. Few weeks ago, she was interviewed by Jeremy Vine and I thought she came across really well; a down to earth Scouser who had worked her way up from nothing.

Anyroadup, she has had her first novel published. Four Streets is based on her poor Anfield upbringing in the '50s. Not expecting it to be as good as 'Our Kid', but for only 20p on Kindle, its got to be worth a look!
???? Thanks Kitt, I keep downloading books, & not had time to read half of them yet but will have a look ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
magsrads

Post by magsrads »

I've been using this site recently

www.bookbub.com

I still ♡ real in your hands page turners but this has saved me a few kiwi dollars :)
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

magsrads wrote:I've been using this site recently

www.bookbub.com

I still ♡ real in your hands page turners but this has saved me a few kiwi dollars :)
I always said I'd never entertain an eReader. Then I got a tablet which had Kindle on it. My mate had just had his first novel published, only available via eReader so I was obliged to support him. Haven't picked up a book since!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Just stumbled across a new writer on Kindle. Conrad Jones is a Warrington lad who writes crime thrillers and a lot of his scenes are between Manchester and Liverpool with Wigan getting a frequent mention.

There was one scene set at 'The Dream' which is a statue at the old Sutton Manor colliery I'd never heard of!

He's no Lee Child but his plots are easy to follow and his books are very inexpensive. In fact, I think there is a double title available free!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Kittwazzer wrote:Just stumbled across a new writer on Kindle. Conrad Jones is a Warrington lad who writes crime thrillers and a lot of his scenes are between Manchester and Liverpool with Wigan getting a frequent mention.

There was one scene set at 'The Dream' which is a statue at the old Sutton Manor colliery I'd never heard of!

He's no Lee Child but his plots are easy to follow and his books are very inexpensive. In fact, I think there is a double title available free!
Great I'll give it a look.

I think of saving the trees that's why I use my kindle ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
SJ

Post by SJ »

Any road up Wiganese-just luv it Kitt. My mother used that phrase regularly. (Fond memories)
You mention Sutton Manor. My grandpa worked in the Pit there and lived there for a time.
I read hell of a lot but I prefer books. Luv the feel and smell of a book. Something sensual I feel :D
Something I meant to ask you ages a go My mother used to say "do they the Hanover" never heard it said until one day while reading aD. H. Lawrence novel one of his characters say "do they Hanover leaving out the"the" thought you might know it's provinance. Your probably aware his novels are based close to the Nottingham/Derbyshire coal field where her uncle worked dar'nt pit(my great uncle) Is it Wiganese or coal mining dialect generally.

Nice to "talk"
:(