The biff Vs Leeds

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
MarkD

Re: The biff Vs Leeds

Post by MarkD »

I think the officials got the right result through the wrong decision and the game was better for it. I thought, on the whole, the referee allowed the game to simmer nicely with only the occasional boil over. A great game.
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

Brilliant stuff. A bit of sh*t-housing and niggle was all that was required to put Leeds in their place.

I like the way that the so-called hard man Bailey gets up covered in blood and starts backing off until his mates are in front of him and then he starts pushing forward again. Let me at him now I'm safe. He's not as hard as my 78 year old arthritic mum.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

weststand-rich wrote:Brilliant stuff. A bit of sh*t-housing and niggle was all that was required to put Leeds in their place.

I like the way that the so-called hard man Bailey gets up covered in blood and starts backing off until his mates are in front of him and then he starts pushing forward again. Let me at him now I'm safe. He's not as hard as my 78 year old arthritic mum.
Is your mum available to cover injuries in the forwards for the remaining matches? Let's unleash her against Barmy Ben Westwood.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

I am not sure how many of you noticed this but when it all started to settle down Bateman and Bailey were still having words. Bateman did the old fashioned jelly legs impression to Bailey on camera but it is in the background. Not sure whether he meant Bailey was wobbling on that occasion or maybe the Radford, Sculthorpe etc. fights, but it was very funny. I love Bateman, great attitude towards the game, hard but fair. One thing SW has certainly instilled into this team is a toughness and siege mentality that no team will ever bully us physically. RL players in general are tough men but sometimes as a team they can show weaknesses. We will never be like that under SW and the young kids back up that philosophy as well, brilliant to see. Not dirty, just hard and fair.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

LOL - her acid tongue would whip him into place. :D Some comments about his boney facial growths.
WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER

Post by WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER »

Kittwazzer wrote:Superb comment from JP when shown footage of it all kicking off. "I think its brilliant. Look at that, you've got 26 players there all committed to their cause!"!

Well said Jamie. After the studio hysteria of yesterday, its good to have some perspective!
couple of years back the topic of who the hardest man in super league was and J P was saying if he ever got into trouble anywhere the man he wanted behind him mas MM.
phild1

Post by phild1 »

gillysmyhero wrote:Micky mac is class and I honestly dont think his tackle on peacock was that bad
= phild#JP got what he dishes out in every game by our own Mm keep it up micky
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Hardly surprising that Mickey Mac is tough when he comes from one of the toughest districts of Leeds and was a product of the infamous Queens club!