Kev Brown

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ChrisA

Re: Kev Brown

Post by ChrisA »

JJwilliams posted:
Millward knows what he's doing, i personally think it's good news! Kev is true wigan player. Yes he has made some errors but most of our team have this season with the exception of Dallas and Tickle. I hope he proves all you anti-Kev's out there wrong.
Do you not think we all hope that ? people dont just slag players off for the fun of it, they do it if that player makes mistakes or just plays poor in general. Any negative comments I've seen about him are totally warranted and based on fact, as for your comment "Kev is true wigan player" I'm not to sure what that means, yes hes come through the ranks like many others, and we have let many others go who where twice the player Brown is.
The point is he has been in the first team long enough for most people to make a assesment of him, mine is that he is a very average player who wont get a game next year if everybody is fit, he makes to many errors, he is no way a stand off, he cant pass or kick well enough, his vision is pretty poor, some of the decisons he makes terify me and he doesnt seem to be able to organise the team.

So there my assesment of him, I've stated why I dont rate him to highly, how about you give me your view on him and why you think hes so good.
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

I have to agree with ChrisA, I quite like Kev Brown, I think there is great potential in the lad, and I hope that now an experienced coach who has excellent player/coach skills has got him, he will begin to show his promise. I also think that with a full strengh squad he will struggle to get a starting place and lucky to get a bench place! I stated the other day that I would like to see him as a standoff with Orr as scrum half, I would still like to see this, but perhaps he needs to hone his skills in the u21s for a while until Millwards coaching has its full effect! But until we have a full strength squad he will continue to be put in positions in the first team at which he's not good enough yet!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

adiddy posted:
I have to agree with ChrisA, I quite like Kev Brown, I think there is great potential in the lad,
Wouldn't that be disagreeing with ChrisA?
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

I think Kev has got loads of potential, when you watch some of the angles that he runs not just as a receiver but as a dummy runner, it is clear to see he has an ability to read a game. Granted, this season he has underperformed, but then again so has 98% of the squad, I think this is mainly down to the lack of competition for places. The players might have the attitude "I am fit so I will be picked". Hopefully with a bolstered squad for next season the competitive edge will return and we will see a huge turnaround in fortunes (injuries permitting). If anyone can bring the best out of a player then it is Millward. I play golf with some ex saints players who have been coached by him and they all say what a great motivational coach he is.

jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Just about worth another 2 yrs IMO. He's still very young (2 yrs younger than McGuire and O'Loughlin, for example). A constant situation of no settled position, injuries and playing in a poor team haven't helped.

Since both Millie and Noble know more than me (notice I didn't include Stevo!!) then I'm happy for him to be given his (last) chance.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Dawber posted:
He has just extended his contract untill the end of 2007, See the offical web site.
woo, lucky us :conf:
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
Miss RL

Post by Miss RL »

I think that Millward has proven that he is more than capable of doing a fantastic job of choosing a squad. He choose the saints squad that demolished us, isn't that enough proof that he just may well know what he's doing. I don't particullary rate Brown at the moment, but don't all players go through an 'off' period? I think both Millward and Brown should be given the chance to show what they're capable of before writing them off.