Cas on Friday?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Cas on Friday?

Post by cpwigan »

Obviously a less important game suddenly becomes somewhat more important to Wiganers. Do we expect more of the same or for our lads to put Cas to the sword?
platt-warrior

Re: Cas on Friday?

Post by platt-warrior »

Cas now know the formula to beat Wigan.I expect the same outcome. :conf:
GBH

Post by GBH »

I expect us to beat them as Faz, Flower & Lockers should be more match fit Wayne should have time to repair what went wrong but does it really mater no as we now arnt going to Wembley
Snickers Workwear - Workwear - Safety Boots
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

I think it's an important game in terms of out attitude for the rest of the season. There's no point sulking about the cup game and I'm looking forward to a good match with some improvement from us. If Sam Powell isn't fit I see no reason why we shouldn't give Rocky a full game at 6 just to see how he copes. George Williams probably needs a break or could play from the bench. With three games in quick succession, anybody who's fit is likely to get a game in the next week and a chance to stake a claim for the rest of the season.
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

I dont believe Powell should have played anyway,Rocky should have started which i hope he will on Fri.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

GBH wrote:I expect us to beat them as Faz, Flower & Lockers should be more match fit Wayne should have time to repair what went wrong but does it really mater no as we now arnt going to Wembley
I am going to guess that SOL will be rested.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

platt-warrior wrote:I dont believe Powell should have played anyway,Rocky should have started which i hope he will on Fri.
Hughes should have started as well, asking Faz to play 80 mins was crazy! Bateman looks out on his feet and therefore Burke should be back in the 17.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Ordinarily the game would be irrelevant BUT the QF loss means we need to send out a significant statement to both our own fans and primarily the rest of British RL.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

cpwigan wrote:Ordinarily the game would be irrelevant BUT the QF loss means we need to send out a significant statement to both our own fans and primarily the rest of British RL.
Correct, everyone is having a chuckle at our expense. Two below par performances don't make us a bad team and neither did the excellent wins against Leeds and Salford make us world beaters. We need to get back to basics. This match, as in 99% of cases, will be won in the forwards and our six need to stand up and be counted this week.

It will be interesting to see how many of yesterdays squad don't make the team this week. Did we gamble too much?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
OJ

Post by OJ »

I always felt we'd win one and lose one - just didn't know which way round. I do know I don't want to spend a very large portion of the match like I did yesterday - watching Rocky Hampshire running up and down the sidelines wondering if he was every going to get on the pitch and also not understanding how that wood pigeon didn't get flattened!
I echo the thoughts of southportcdm and suspect we will see a much better performance from our guys on Friday
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.