Gelling has a big future after super run of form

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Gelling has a big future after super run of form

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

God wrote:Thought he was outstanding tonight, thought he was our best player last week too.

IMO he gets a disservice on this forum, since his opportunity to establish himself hes been very good and taken it with both hands.

A very strong runner, never takes a backwards step and looks like he really wants to play for Wigan and looks like hes prepared to go thru hell for the cause.

Imo playing out of position at center, hes an 80 minute second row and a bloody good one at that, if the likes of Inglis got that offload away for Manfredis second the forum would be a wash with seamen!! But alas its Gelling and when people tar players it sticks ( Goulding a prime example)

For me hes fast becoming one of my fave players at Wigan in the company of Mclorum, Lockers, Farrell, Bateman and now Gelling.
Totally agree, great post!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

medlocke wrote:Will be a better Center than Goulding could ever dream of being :exc:
Never read a bigger load of tosh!!
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

ian.birchall wrote:
medlocke wrote:Will be a better Center than Goulding could ever dream of being :exc:
Never read a bigger load of tosh!!
He's already proving he is, Sam Tomkins made Goulding look classy, something Goulding isn't, but then again seeing as he is Wigan born and bread nothing bad can be said against him, talk about cherry and white tinted goggles :exc:
Richymac

Post by Richymac »

Goulding did what he needed to do and has done it very well can't ask for any more, for me a very consistent player and although he was given less work to do due to Sam he still did what he had to do very efficiently.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Thought gelling had another good game again, he never shirks taking the ball in, just wish be looked for his winger a couple more times last night.
Dean Bell said this kid would be good and I think Deano is nearer the mark than some of the more negative Gelling posters on this site.
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

The lad is playing well. I have no down on Goulding, but Gelling seems to hitting all the right spots. He was one of only a few who played well in the quarter final. He played well last night and did a good job. Those of you who think he is not up to the mark may I suggest Spec Savers. :)
markill

Post by markill »

The 'not a wingers centre' set up more tries for his winger on Friday than Goulding has this year. I'm starting to get a bit fed up with people still having a dig a Gelling to be honest. How many more good performance does he have to string together to satisfy people!? In my opinion he could be every bit as good as Joel Moon in a year at the rate he is going.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

markill wrote:The 'not a wingers centre' set up more tries for his winger on Friday than Goulding has this year. I'm starting to get a bit fed up with people still having a dig a Gelling to be honest. How many more good performance does he have to string together to satisfy people!? In my opinion he could be every bit as good as Joel Moon in a year at the rate he is going.
I like the way he doesn't jump out of the defensive line trying to get the intercept so he can be the hero, unlike Goulding who does it like clockwork every game
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

God wrote: The evidence is there, Gelling has been one of our strongest players this season and it may well be the quality of opposition etc but he is standing out,so what does that say about our players that havent??
IMO when him and Iain competed for the spot last season it was his decision making that let him down, Thornley knew instinctively when it was time to pass to Pat. At the start of the season it looked like he was out of favour with Shaun Wane, instead of sulking he's worked harder and as you said he's standing out.
Gelling at the moment is more than a match for Daz but it'll be decided on who works best with Josh
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

I am not going to criticise Daz because in my opinion he has never let us down and last season inparticular played some sublime Rugby League in partnership with Josh! On the other hand I won't fight his corner if I believe somebody else deserves his position on current form more than him and at the moment for me Gelling is a shoe in!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett