No threads about a great win

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
platt-warrior

Re: No threads about a great win

Post by platt-warrior »

At the moment the LLS has no value or credence at all.The only way of elevating its value is surely to make it worth winning ie by the winner to go straight to the GF.The play-offs would then play for the other place.This would greatly improve the comp imo.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

platt-warrior wrote:At the moment the LLS has no value or credence at all.The only way of elevating its value is surely to make it worth winning ie by the winner to go straight to the GF.The play-offs would then play for the other place.This would greatly improve the comp imo.
It is an excellent idea. I think the one caveat would be to make the play off to play that team is sufficiently short in duration so that the league winners are not disadvantaged re match fitness / sharpness waiting to discover whom they will play in the GF.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

platt-warrior wrote:At the moment the LLS has no value or credence at all.The only way of elevating its value is surely to make it worth winning ie by the winner to go straight to the GF.The play-offs would then play for the other place.This would greatly improve the comp imo.
Finally someone who I agree with.The LLS as been devalued and whilst it is nice to called be LL it simply means nothing.Now as platt-warrior suggests putting through the League Leaders directly into the final gives all the clubs the incentive to stop putting out weakened teams thus devaluing the league from kick off.I'm one of those supporters who demand that my team plays each and every game with the intention of winning and not one of those games that the club can afford to lose. I can just imagine the arguments from cp and DaveO about pointless games etc.But in all honesty I am not really bothered about the tactical side of resting players because of the play offs because I travel as do others quite some distance to see my team win every game.And not because it pleases the coach or the club to play a game this way.I along with other supporters work damned hard to earn my money. It costs quite a fair bit in fuel money,then we have the programme,and possibly a beer.So it works out quite expensive in the end.And this along with other factors wants me to see my team win each and every game.Or at the very least look like they want to win.So stop the tactics of resting players by making each and every game important.And I believe this will only happen when the LLS is given the prominence it deserves by having a direct passage into the grand final. :cool:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

You will not get any disagreement from me Kooch; what you are saying is what I have been saying throughout the thread. The present system punishes any team that wants to do that and worse damaged the credibility of the sport.

Re PWs excellent suggestion; Perhaps league winner = straight to GF and then either 2nd v 3rd playoff to make the GF or 3rd v 4th play-off to meet 2nd, winner goins into GF

People know my views, I want a smaller SL so 1st place go straight to Gf; 2nd play 3rd, winner to GF. Probably a SL or 10 or even 8 clubs. I would have 1 more cup competition too.
LORENZO

Post by LORENZO »

I was sad and bad tempered last week-end and happy this week-end thanks to the Warriors and the faces of the Cas team. And, of course Saints in the South of France. Had to laugh at that.

Just two things to make things better. Return the Challenge Cup to May and put the winners of the LLS straight into the final with the other seven playing for the right to be there. That will increase interest.
LORENZO

Post by LORENZO »

Sorry PC you beat me to it. Well done and I fully agree.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

cpwigan wrote:You will not get any disagreement from me Kooch; what you are saying is what I have been saying throughout the thread. The present system punishes any team that wants to do that and worse damaged the credibility of the sport.

Re PWs excellent suggestion; Perhaps league winner = straight to GF and then either 2nd v 3rd playoff to make the GF or 3rd v 4th play-off to meet 2nd, winner goins into GF

People know my views, I want a smaller SL so 1st place go straight to Gf; 2nd play 3rd, winner to GF. Probably a SL or 10 or even 8 clubs. I would have 1 more cup competition too.
Glad we agree on this cpw. And yes I have always recognised your passion for the game something I admire though may not always agree with But on this we do agree. And platt-warrior gave a good call.I like it when people talk sense and not utter bollocks excuse the langauge.Don't want another ban do I!!!
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

Mike wrote:I wasn't at the match and I wont say why incase Kaii calls me pretentious (he is the arbiter of all things sartorial, obviously).

But the nature of the score suggested to me that we are actually a better team than Cas. And we were last week or at least we should have been. That makes last week even more disapointing to me. Which is why I'm seeing this result and not feeling totally positive.

Its weird but a win by say 6 points would have made me feel better - we would have been looking at two genuinely well matched clubs involved in close battles and ended honours even.
I think you'll find that was BriH who made the comment to Dave, nice to see your unbiased attitude showing it's face again.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

You are right it was BriH that made that comment - I am protecting myself from him!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I've always said the same thing pw ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan