Why are we in the situation that the ref CAN beat us.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
damien morrissey

Why are we in the situation that the ref CAN beat us.

Post by damien morrissey »

Lets face it the ref got it seriously wrong,what will happen to him nothing if past records are anything to go by. However we need to look at ourselves Saints Leeds dont have this problem because they are putting teams to bed with a cup of cocco while we fail to do the basics. This costs us points the poor reffing shouldnt matter.
wiganrldeanh

Re: Why are we in the situatio...

Post by wiganrldeanh »

damien morrissey posted:
Lets face it the ref got it seriously wrong
even thought the ref got it wrong, so did the video ref when we was awarded a try when we could see it obviously wasnt!
damien morrissey

Re: Why are we in the situ...

Agree the refs got it wrong the decision was unbelivable but we are making silly errors and not doing the basics right and putting ourselves in trouble if we do the basics right then silly reffing decisions wont matter.
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

Damien since you wanted to pull someone up about the Luke McAlister thread and it being "old news", didnt I make whole thread about this ? so why are you going over "old news " ?
AncientWarrior

Post by AncientWarrior »

damien morrissey posted:
Agree the refs got it wrong the decision was unbelivable but we are making silly errors and not doing the basics right and putting ourselves in trouble if we do the basics right then silly reffing decisions wont matter.
Couldn't agree more!!

The situation leading up to that try was this:

With 2 minutes 20 odd seconds to go, Wigan have a scrum head & feed inside their own half. Call me an old fuddy-duddy for believing that the common sense approach would be to make as much ground as possible for an attempt at a drop goal - this having the effect of winding-down the clock, denying possession to Wakefield with the possibility of a match-winning goal at the end of it.

Wigan's approach: Take the ball upfield and then attempt a very risky pass in heavy traffic to score a glory try and thus 'gift' the ball to Wakefield with just enough time left for them to score a try.

IMO it typifies much of Wigan's attacking play this season - I call it the 'headless chicken' approach.

Denis Betts said earlier on that the same players were making the same mistakes (or words to that effect). I'm afraid it's still going on!!!
A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success.

damien morrissey

Fair point chris and i have already posted that my post on the luke thread wasnt well put i will say now to Chorley warrior i apologise and i have explained my reasons on that thread. My point on this topic is to do with our performance which is to similar to the dont blame the ref thread so there that covers it.
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

:D