MILLWARD TAKING A LOOK AT LUKE

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
chorleywarrior

MILLWARD TAKING A LOOK AT LUKE

Post by chorleywarrior »

New Zealand union international Luke McAlister has emerged as a target for engage Super League outfit Wigan.

Warriors coach Ian Millward, who enticed NRL star Iafeta Palea'asina from the Auckland-based New Zealand Warriors this month, is now trailing McAlister, whose father played rugby league in England during the 1990s.

McAlister has penned a three-year contract with the New Zealand Rugby Union, but Australian Millward is keen to sign the 21-year-old, who was a league representative for Lancashire in his youth.

Millward told the Sunday News: "When I saw him play I went straight on the phone to club chairman Maurice Lindsay. I wanted to know what chance there was of bringing him to Wigan."

wiganrldeanh

Re: MILLWARD TAKING A LOOK AT ...

Post by wiganrldeanh »

milward certainly knows what he wants.

like a kid in a candy shop :)
damien morrissey

Re: MILLWARD TAKING A LOOK AT ...

Post by damien morrissey »

Isnt this old news now unless you have something new to add to the situation.
ChrisA

Re: MILLWARD TAKING A LOOK...

Post by ChrisA »

damien morrissey posted:
It's a quote from someone at the club, rather than a rumour posted on an Aussie site, is that ok for you Damien ?
damien morrissey

It would be if we could sign him unfortunatly he dooesnt want to sign for us according to an informed poster on the site,sorry cant remember who. Wasnt trying to be dismisive on my post but think that he would balance out the side for next year but the signing looks unlikely and this makes me tetchy.The potential for us with this lad would be phenominal.
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

damien morrissey posted:
:with: that was a bit childish
damien morrissey

Ok ok i have apologised already.As i ave said i just feel that we really could do something with this player but it doesnt look like he will sign hope i am wrong but it doesnt look likely and am a bit frustrated.
chorleywarrior

Post by chorleywarrior »

damien morrissey posted:
Ok ok i have apologised already.As i ave said i just feel that we really could do something with this player but it doesnt look like he will sign hope i am wrong but it doesnt look likely and am a bit frustrated.
I understand your frustrations IF it is old news but I saw it on Sporting Life this morning so I can't really see it being that old,on a positive note if Millward did pull this signing off one thing for sure is we are going to have some really big lads in our Squad next season which is what Wigan have needed for a long time I personally think that has been one of our downfalls for quite a few years!!!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

chorleywarrior posted:
I saw it on Sporting Life this morning
Please quote where you are posting from when quoting other sources. Copywrite means they own the text you've copied, and we don't want problems with them claiming people are stealing words from their website to pass off as their own.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]