Sarginson has to go

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
dave_highfive1

Re: Sarginson has to go

Post by dave_highfive1 »

cpwigan wrote:
Dobby wrote:My main gripe with Sarginson is that he doesnt even look to pass and you can always predict what he is going to do. Like Gelling he is never a centre. We desperately need to recruit a top class centre next season and cant go into it with Gelling and Sarginson as the 2 centres.
Therein lies a huge problem when both play centre. Both put on an inside step/skip and do not feed their winger. Bowen becomes the playmaker out wide because he can pass far better than either and we have Lockers too with his passing ability.

Tonight, I though we looked better using Sarge and Gelling as decoys and simply hitting out wingers direct curring out our two centres.
Nah. We need two decent centres!

Remember Pat Richards and George Carmont? Unstoppable.

Then again at their best, Charnley and Goulding can be world class. Dont know what on earth is happening with Goulding?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Until we have centres we are better missing them out. The tries come that way didn't they tonight.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

God wrote:LMFAO you need to consider the overlap, the skill of the pass beat Sarginson and i defy any center to make that play. Hughes was static and Powell not much better so LMFAO at the first blaming one player.

And Sarginson initially went up to contest a high kick with an oncoming attacker to which Lockers didn't apply an inch of pressure. He lost out and tried to make amends and was caught flat footed as a result,again i defy any Center in Super League to make that play after contesting a high ball.

So i think its you who needs to look veeeeerrryyyy closely.

Blaming an individual is deplorable imo.
I remember Dave Highfive being on here last a couple of seasons back when SW in his first season won just the LLS, he then disappeared all last season, hmmmmm can't think why!! What a surprise he has reappeared the last few weeks!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

People cant blame one player tonight to much one man rugby and looked what happened when the ball was passed out WE SCORED no good either playing players that are not fit Charnley and Goulding are better together give Goulding a chance
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

Suzieb wrote:People cant blame one player tonight to much one man rugby and looked what happened when the ball was passed out WE SCORED no good either playing players that are not fit Charnley and Goulding are better together give Goulding a chance
Goulding is out injured with a knee injury, the same injury he has carried for most of this season. I doubt he will be fully right again this season.
Suzieb

Dan

Post by Suzieb »

Cant blame this poor lad watch the game again and you will see there was more than him that missed tackles
cpwigan

Re: Dan

Post by cpwigan »

Suzieb wrote:Cant blame this poor lad watch the game again and you will see there was more than him that missed tackles
Yes but he is poor at centre and sadly mistakes out wide get noticed and are more costly.
dave_highfive1

Post by dave_highfive1 »

Suzieb wrote:Cant blame this poor lad watch the game again and you will see there was more than him that missed tackles
His directly missed tackles made the first 2 Stains tries.

And besides, hes a crap centre.

Not blaming him for the game though.
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

Sarginson is a quick player with great feet. I actually dont think his defence is as bad as is made out and his speed often saves him. However he has not had a real Rugby league upbringing or benefited from quality coaching and it shows. He is still only 21 so has loads of time to learn but he will never have the nous or skill to play centre. He is a full back imo.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

God wrote:LMFAO you need to consider the overlap, the skill of the pass beat Sarginson and i defy any center to make that play. Hughes was static and Powell not much better so LMFAO at the first blaming one player.

And Sarginson initially went up to contest a high kick with an oncoming attacker to which Lockers didn't apply an inch of pressure. He lost out and tried to make amends and was caught flat footed as a result,again i defy any Center in Super League to make that play after contesting a high ball.

So i think its you who needs to look veeeeerrryyyy closely.

Blaming an individual is deplorable imo.
I am not going to blame Sarginson for the loss but he was particularly bad tonight.

His defence was poor for both tries and blaming others for his mistakes is just as bad a lumping all the blame on him for the loss.

Also as Dobby says, he never gave Burgess a decent pass all night. I honestly don't think he has vision to do so.

Compare this to Burgess himself who has had the presence of mind to set Faz up for at least four tries this season with an inside pass. He has time with ball in hand whereas Sarginson is like a headless chicken.

However as I said, he isn't why we lost. He would not have even been defending defending if we hadn't given two mind numbingly stupid penalties away. The lifting one was brain dead idiocy from those involved. Turn a player upside down and you can put him the deck as gently as if you are putting a baby to bed and you are still inviting the ref to give a penalty.